Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I ordered my 2008 last week and was told build date is 17 march just wondering if anyone knew about with optional extras do they need to be ordered with the car or could I phone them before the 17 march and add on things ?
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Extras that need to be built into the car need to be pre-ordered (sat-nav, sun roof, park assist, leather seats etc).

Items that are after manufacture (mats, door protectors, paint treatment etc) can be added by the dealer.

Upgrading dull bulbs to bright LEDs and improving dipped and main beam bulbs can be done by yourself.

Have fun.

Al.

Bulb change to LED

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd certainly opt for front sensors. They will show on the main screen as the rear ones do. If you get the retrofitted by the dealer, the cost will be nearly the same but not as functional..... Only beeps no visual on-screen information.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Must say the Park Assist is one thing that is very good for the way the front sensors automatically turn on when you select reverse or when your speed is below about 4 mph when front parking.

The sensor screen display is an added bonus as you say Geoffh.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cause I got the car on finance could I pay for the extras outright or does it get added to the agreement ?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You can see Park Assist in action here: Park Assist

Best to check with your dealer regarding adding to your finance package or paying in full for the extras.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Try to phone and press the dealer...the optional can be added in PGT factory, before the car exit from production line...If you are lucky, you will get them in time.
Optional that is "a must" for me:
- JBL audio (the standard audio sucks)
- Park Assist (will also get the sensors)
- Sunroof glass
- Dark color windows (thermal shield)
- 16" (and Not 17") alloy and...summer tires (I do not recommend all season tire, have tested and the car is a lot more stable with dedicated tires...the summer tires from Continental was tested on mud and grass, and works great...of course you don't climb a mountain...)
- Sat-Nav
- Leather seats (not heated, because is wrong for your...you know...your manhood :))))) )
- Bi-zone auto climate control (is heating in winter very fast inside because is electric resistance and not only engine heating)

What is Not necessary for me:
- CD (waste of time)
- alarm ( no perimetric, no pager warning, so is a waste of money)
- rear camera (you have park assist and sensors, no need)

What I would like to have:
- Infrared front camera with HUD projected on front glass :)))
- laser beams like Knight Rider
...and also 1 million euro :))))

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Unless the options list has changed:

JBL audio isn't available in the UK (I agree that the standard audio sucks though)Rear Camera also isn't available in the UK

All a matter of taste of course but the black Eridan alloy wheels look 100 times better than the silver and are definitely worth the extra £100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts