Hi guys I ordered my 2008 last week and was told build date is 17 march just wondering if anyone knew about with optional extras do they need to be ordered with the car or could I phone them before the 17 march and add on things ?
I'd certainly opt for front sensors. They will show on the main screen as the rear ones do. If you get the retrofitted by the dealer, the cost will be nearly the same but not as functional..... Only beeps no visual on-screen information.
Try to phone and press the dealer...the optional can be added in PGT factory, before the car exit from production line...If you are lucky, you will get them in time.
Optional that is "a must" for me:
- JBL audio (the standard audio sucks)
- Park Assist (will also get the sensors)
- Sunroof glass
- Dark color windows (thermal shield)
- 16" (and Not 17") alloy and...summer tires (I do not recommend all season tire, have tested and the car is a lot more stable with dedicated tires...the summer tires from Continental was tested on mud and grass, and works great...of course you don't climb a mountain...)
- Leather seats (not heated, because is wrong for your...you know...your manhood )))) )
- Bi-zone auto climate control (is heating in winter very fast inside because is electric resistance and not only engine heating)
What is Not necessary for me:
- CD (waste of time)
- alarm ( no perimetric, no pager warning, so is a waste of money)
- rear camera (you have park assist and sensors, no need)
What I would like to have:
- Infrared front camera with HUD projected on front glass ))
- laser beams like Knight Rider
...and also 1 million euro )))