Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had any thoughts on the Optiway service plans?

I received my brochure today, and the plans are currently £16.99 per month for the three year plan and £19.99 per month for the 4 and 5 year plans.

This apparently includes service charges and parts (it seems includes brake parts which I guess are excluded from warranty). I imagine some specific items are excluded (I still need to read the small print).

In the past I have always paid for my services as and when, and I imagine that most have been more than £200, and notably more expensive as the cars have got older than 5 years.

Of course most parts should be covered for at least 3 years under warranty.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
As my warranty is up to 1st September 2016 it did not work out viable for myself.

If your warranty is just 12 months then I would consider taking it out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm on the 'just add fuel' deal which works out to around £42 a month. But the prices you have quoted sounds ok. For Honda I paid £400 for 3rd servicing which was a steal as I had previously paid £350 for the 3rd service before!

·
Registered
107 Posts
£400 For 3YRS that was meant to been

·
Registered
540 Posts
burty said:
This apparently includes service charges and parts (it seems includes brake parts which I guess are excluded from warranty).  I imagine some specific items are excluded (I still need to read the small print).
I think it'll refer to brake fluid changes which are on a time only basis (typically every 2 years irrespective of mileage due to it being hygroscopic), service plans only cover the regular service items as identified in your service schedule and shouldn't be confused with the warranty which relates to defective parts of workmanship when the car was built.

Peugeot's service plans don't seem to approach the value of other companies who typically do three years for £3-450 - the 3 year option is still over £700 for three years and I would check what service schedule that covers as I'm fairly sure the petrol models are 20k/ 2 years (i.e. one service...) and HDi models 12.5k or 2 years which, knowing the DW6 (1.6HDi) engine as I do, an annual oil change is essential to stop it lunching the turbo, so being told to wait up to 2 years would be of no interest to me. Ask the dealer to confir the price of the annual service for the next 3 and 5 years to check which is the best way to pay for it but my gut feel is put £20 in the piggy bank each month!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Me to I was thinking of asking for a discount rate for 3 years.My 308 1.6 diesel has just been serviced for a grand total of £323 with VAT and brake fluid change.I don't think it's a to bad price.Any more opinions.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is that the 37,500 mile service with air filter and fuel filter included, if so it's not a bad price - our service was about the same (1.6HDi).

·
Registered
184 Posts
No Frank was 2 year one 24000 miles.Seem to think all mine on 207 and 308 both with 1.6 Diesel were around £300 Mark.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Was a charcoal filter which I think was pollen filter and air filter.3 year I think is fuel filter.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's really expensive for the second service - I think mine were about £240 (12,500 and 25,000 mile services are minor ones, 37,500 is a major which was about £350); now, of course, our car is over 3 years old so we qualify for £149 and £199 services which differ only via the pollen filter from the full price service...which can be added for £40.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Services now it 10000 or 12mths. Rubbish as my mileage is roughly 6k a year. I took out the service plan. I thought I received something which gave me a cheaper quote but can no longer find it.

I thought it was a good plan. But I may cancel after my second service and go back to my regular mechanic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts