Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order put through today with an estimated delivery date to dealers of 31st July. Can't wait.
Still haven't seen one in Amber Red on the road. In fact I haven't seen a 2008 on the road in a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You should go to France! I was in Paris for a few days and the 2008s where all over the place. I havent seen a red 2008 either, they were not an option in the brochure.

I really hope that I am wrong, but 2 months for a new built car is very optimistic. I am waiting for my order more than 2 1/2 months now and 3 months is more realistic. But like I said, I hope that you will get yours in time!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,
I thought it would be about 3 months too so I was a bit surprised to hear the estimated date. Will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lovely! This will do until it's here

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still a little unsure about wing mirrors being in chrome. I wonder how much it will cost to change them to maybe the body colour?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi WilmF. Nice colour choice.
The door mirrors will look great in chrome. No worries.

Al.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw a white one parked in the street this afternoon. The mirrors looked good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered my 1.2 110 Amber Red last week. Originally suggested delivery date would be late July. I was told yesterday it would be 1st September.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Read somewhere they are starting production in the plant in France again. Hope all that are waiting get lucky.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saw that. I wonder what colour they will be? Body or black? I wonder if there's been any problems with the mirrors being heated & chrome? Well not real chrome!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car is registered and will be delivered on Friday!

Will be interesting to see exactly what the changes are. I'm keeping an open mind as far as the stereo is concerned. Music is important to me so hopefully it won't be too bad quality. The stereo in my 308 is fine. I mostly listen to my iPod so quality is good. So is the CD player. The radio though has no depth which I kind of expected from a car radio. In fact all the Peugeots I've owned have had decent stereos. The only one I changed was in an old 205. Got a new Sony stereo and Pioneer speakers. As the 2008 will be leased I'll won't make any changes now so will have to live with it. The only thing I've already purchased are the carpet car mats and a neon blue cable for the iPod. Also had the boot sill protector fitted. Was thinking about the air freshener. Anyone else purchased this? Got it for the 308 and it's not very effective though.

Anyway just counting the days down. Fell very excited but a bit sad getting rid of the 308. Been a great drive even though it's been a bit naughty for the last year or so

Any news on other orders?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great news!!!

I got mine 3 weeks ago and I love it...
As for the sound quality, if you leave it at factory settings you will be dissapointed, very flat. I adjusted my settings and its now more than decent. Just mess with it untill you are satisfied... And dont forget that every sound source, (radio, usb, bluetooth etc) has its own settings, so you have to adjust them seperately.

Enjoy your rides!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just sold the 308
. Can't wait until tomorrow for the 2008. Weather not looking good for delivery with rain & thunderstorms forecast for London. Will make an interesting first drive

1 - 18 of 18 Posts