Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post details of my order, and a bit about the experience.I have ordered the following:

Peugeot 2008 1.6 E-Hdi 115 Mistral Ambience Stop-Start 5 Door

Metallic Nera Black PaintStandard Trim (Mistral Black Leather)Park Assist ""“ Automatic Parallel Parking SystemAlloy wheels ""“ 17' Eridan Brilliant BlackHigh Level restraining netPeugeot Connect SOS

Initially I viewed the 2008 at one of the preview showings, and I finally managed to get a test drive, of a 1.2 petrol car. I know how the 1.6 hdi engine performs to a point as it's similar to the engine in my 207. I was impressed enough with the way the 2008 drove to place an order.

Diesel is a must for me due to constraints from my company car allowance. I wanted the Feline as I worked out that certain options such as the panoramic roof, leather interior and climate control are a must have for me.

I must say that I am disappointed with the colour options. There is really no stand out bright colours. It seems Peugeot have given us the choice of any shade of grey. I would have bought red but there isn't one. Why not? I am not interested in any silver or grey (although the preview car I saw was in either Nimbus or Cumulus grey and looked pretty good to be honest. I think the standard white will prove popular (I just couldn't bring myself to buy white). The car I test drove was blue and looked completely uninspiring. In the end I opted for the black as it hopefully adds a touch of class (although I have not seen one in the flesh obviously).

My dealer is Robins and Day, and they seemed to be on a different set of prices to the rest of Peugeot. When they quoted they didn't ask what options I wanted on the car, just the model trim and colour. They offered me a decent trade in for the 207, but they then loaded the price up with gap insurance (£450 for something that can be purchased elsewhere for considerably less I believe) and the Paint protection and scotchguard stuff that I had stated I didn't want. Even with those items I still can't fathom the price which seemed several hundred pounds more than I could calculate. Anyway I got a quote from a brokers, Broadspeed which was discounted from list, so that's the order that I have placed. I was not interested in getting into a kind of Chinese auction to get the dealer down in price, they had their chance.

I have spotted a couple of pitfalls for people to be aware of:

There appears to be two list prices. The downloadable brochure from the Peugeot web site lists prices that are up to £200 less than the printed brochure I picked up from the dealer (for all trim levels of Allure and Feline I think). I imagine dealers will be using the higher prices. :)

If DAB radio is important to you, check whether it is supplied as standard. I'm still not certain. The Peugeot configuration tool implies it comes as an option with the
"satellite navigation and Peugeot connect SOS with DAB digital radio (with 2nd USB socket)" But I have been told it is standard with the
"satellite navigation with 2nd USB socket" which is standard on some models. None of the brochure material I have makes it clear.
It was not my intention to get the Peugeot connect SOS but it seems I have got it now.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and delivery is September on a 63 plate. I was told it should be a July build with July-August delivery but as I can't use the car in late July early august I figured I could wait three weeks for delivery and get it on the new plate.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
One thing about Nera Black is REFLECTION!

This is my Black 2006 Civic. I just love that reflection:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a difficult decision indeed.Made particularly difficult by the lack of a RED.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
"...If DAB radio is important to you, check whether it is supplied as standard. I'm still not certain."

Your new car will have DAB radio (same for Active and Allure).

I checked in the Car Configurator list of 'Key Features' for the feline. Click on the 'Trim Level' and the Key Features list appears to show it:

http://www.configurator.peugeot.co.uk/configure-your-peugeot/2008/crossover/

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is in line with what the dealer told me.I expected the brochures to make it clearer. Edited by: burty

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like everyone else wants a red. I was gutted they didn't do a red!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Actually looking at the rest of the range - they don't offer red on the 308 either. BUT they did at one point because my neighbour has one....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold my 207 today so fingers crossed the 2008 comes on time.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update:

The car is currently with the dealers. There is a paint blemish which Peugeot is looking at.

Delivery is now looking to be early next week.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice one burty.

All that waiting and here we are with just a weekend to go.

Have fun.

Al.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's a shame it has a blemish.

But i'm sure it'll look beautiful when complete.

So excited for you

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer says it looks excellent.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Have to say the Nera Black 2008 I saw at the dealers awaiting collection looked stunning.

The chrome really looked fantastic against the black.

You've been counting the months, then the weeks, now it's the days and soon it will be the hours....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am finally expecting delivery of my car tomorrow. In the meantime I trawled my email for a few key dates:

Week 0 - 11th June -
My order was placed with the dealer (Originally I was told to expect delivery in late July, early August, but I pushed that back myself in the expectation that it would be at least a few weeks late and I didn't want to have it one or two weeks before the new registrations. I consequently asked for delivery in the first week of September and was quoted "September delivery".
Week 10 - 19th August I was told the car was 'in France'. which I took to mean 'built' at the time, but later conversations with the dealer suggested that it could have meant 'still in pieces'

Week 13 - 9th September - still 'in France'

11th September - en Route to Calais
Week 15 - 25th September - Currently in the UK.
Week 17 - 7th October - due to be offloaded at the dealers tomorrow (8th October).

10th October - problem identified with paint during PDI
Week 18 - 14th October - Peugeot working on the problem (described as overspray)

16th October - Awaiting delivery (to me)

18th October - Delivery confirmed for tomorrow (19th October).

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nice one, burty.

Now you're down to just a few hours.....have fun.....and stop looking at yourself in those shop windows...

·
Registered
143 Posts
hope you get off to sleep tonight burty
don't forget to posts some pic's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts