2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered:

Allure 1.6 e-HDI EGC Automatic.

Bianca White

Park Assist

Cielo Panoramic Glass Roof

Sat-Nav and Peugeot Connect SOS and Assistance

Midnight Black Leather Trim with Heated Seats.

Mats.

<strike>I decided against the Park Assist as it appears to be a good idea but impractical in its use.</strike>Now added - see new post below.

Looks like being mid/late September delivery.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very nice. Look forward to it. :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
burty said:
Very nice. Look forward to it. :)

The next 3 months are going to seem like 3 years!!

Have to say the Bianca White 2008 in the showroom looked stunning.

We arrived just as they were getting it in from the parking area so we saw it out in the sunlight as well as having a good look over it in the showroom

It was the 'Active' model so I had to point out the differences that our 'Allure' will have, plus the extras, to my wife.

Life in a 206 for a few weeks now.....

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh....one extra point....the dealer didn't have any info regarding accessories so I couldn't order the door sill protectors.

They did say the Allure may come with the basic type already fitted.

They'll contact me as they can be a 'dealer fit' anyway.

Al.

PS: There's plenty on ebay though: Peugeot door sill protectors

.....and I guess they'll be doing a 2008 also.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
There is a list of accessories in the brochure but the door sill protectors are not on the list, although I am sure I have read that they will be available in some of the press releases.I guess we have to wait for some of these things to be available.

I had similar issues with official accessories for my bike not being listed in UK catalogues, but we found various bits and pieces shown in European brochures.Once a part number can be found it is often possible to order in the UK.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Good news

I am concerned for your well being at home though. I thought your Mrs wantedCumulus Grey and the Park Assist?!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She liked the Bianca White as soon as she saw it and she said don't bother with the Park Assist.

I may have helped by saying white was easier to look after and wouldn't cost extra and I may have just hinted that the positioning on the road might be awkward when setting the park system and that it was extra....but other than that it was totally her decision.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've added Park Assist!

Reading through that Handbook that burty gave us the link for, I noticed that the system comes with front parking sensors and these automatically operate at speeds below 6MPH (10KPH).

That is a very useful feature to have when forwards parking or when parallel parking without using the full Park Assist system. It's also useful when exiting a space if someone has parked a bit too close to you.

As it cannot be added retro' I thought it best to get it on the order build.

Al.

PS: Thanks to burty.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I ordered park assist as I thought it was good value.The Equivalent system on an audi is much more. Edited by: burty

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've just been told that my build date is 26th July and my dealer should take delivery of my new 2008 mid August.

As that's so close to 1st September I told them I'll wait to have it registered then. At least that gives plenty of time to get all the paperwork/insurance sorted.

Everything seems to have moved up a notch now.

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Brilliant news! Mines going straight onto a cherished plate so I'm not bothered when it get registered, though the odds of that being prior to 1st September is slim.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Bern, yes mine will have my 40 ALT plate on it so, as they're not expecting it until mid August and then it will take a week to sort out the transfer, I may as well get it registered on 1st September.

If I can get them to deliver it prior to that I can keep it in my garage and get it nicely treated with a couple of coats of Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm followed by a couple of coats of Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

I'll also get my 'stubby' aerial fitted and tested along with swapping any bulbs, although there's not many of them to change anyway.

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The wait is always the worst bit. Not that I have ordered that many new cars beyond the last two. Mine is still due early August.According to my wife I have had hundreds of cars not sure where she is coming from on that.... Just a thought, if you change the aerial make sure it is compatable with DAB. Most aerials sort of work but would drive you nuts with the signal doing its digital on off dance.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, this is the aerial I will be testing:

It's about half the length of the standard aerial but I'll have to see how it goes with DAB radio

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dealer called me today.

They have "called off" my car at Sheerness and it should be with them around the middle of next week.

He said that next Thursday looks like a likely day to get all the paperwork sorted for my cherished number transfer/Insurance/Inspect my new 2008/Pay the balance etc.

That should give them time for everything to be set up for mid August and readied for 1st September.

Happy days.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi jinxx,
...OK; will do...

Actually, I was tempted to get it sooner but time goes so quickly and in around 3 - 4 years from now when I'm looking at a new one I'll get less for the sake of 2 weeks extra waiting. Seems funny thinking of a new car in the future when I haven't got this one!!

My dealer is bringing it to me a day or two prior to 1st September so that will give me a chance to get some protection on the body, wheels and windows. I'll also be able to set things up how I want them.

At least I can sit in it in my garage without the neighbours staring and grinning!!

I don't think I'll be waiting for the stroke of midnight though to take it on the road. I did that one year and as I was going down the motorway I remember thinking "This is daft, it's a brand new car...If anything goes wrong I'll be stuck out here ...etc etc..." but at least I'll have the SOS button to press in this one.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just had a call from my dealer as the transporter has just arrived with my car on board.

I'm going down in about 30 mins to see it and complete the necessary paperwork.

Al.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

That excellent Al, be great to see some pics. Am super jealous as well though! :)

Sam

1 - 20 of 47 Posts