Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ordered my Peugeot 2008 Diesel 1.6 E-HDI Allure (White) and Sat NAV upgrade, yesterday with an estimated delivery date of 25/10/2013.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi sam and welcome.

Great choice.

Now the waiting begins......

Al.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

Its the wait I can't stand, I am a big kid when it comes to these things. Had the same sort of wait time for my qashqai, was murder lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome Sam

Yes the waiting is the worst, I ordered mine 6th June, delivery date estimated 23rd Aug, its killing me!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It doesn't matter what age you are when it comes to getting a new car.

I'm also from a Qashqai to a 2008, and I can't bear the waiting either.

The good news for me is that my new 2008 should be leaving Calais about now en-route to Sheerness.

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Heh heh. I'm the only grumpy old duffer who's not excited. It just a new car, and I'd rather be keeping the old one anyway!

Still, the rest of you enjoy the suspense.

·
Registered
311 Posts
that's ok Don, we'll be excitedly waiting for the car.

Btw, why are you changing cars if you don't need to?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wife has MS and is having to retire from work aged 36 (she's 10 years younger than me). She'll have a pension, but it'll still be a drop in income. She'll also be doing vastly less miles so to have a durty great 4 x 4 Sat their depreciating and doing nothing, costing £260 to tax etc is just a waste. We could keep it but with woman's drop in income we'll have better things to spend th money on. Shes also bind in one eye, hence wanting a car with a slightly higher seating position to help with visibility.

I cycle everywhere myself, about 8k miles a year, and the car is of little interest or use to me. I'd of far sooner.spend the money on new bikes!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love the waiting.

Looking forward to something is great.

Also, interestingly, the cars I have waited longest for are often the cars I like the most when they arrive.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Sam, welcome.Waiting can be fun but heck it is normally fun when it's not you that's waiting. Good news is that once you have a build date it seems to be two weeks to ship the car, which can arrive at the dealer unannounced and they can therefore take a week to fit it in and get it ready. But you can get to see it like a couple of us have managed. It is a great choice and I am sure it will be worth waiting, but that's what we tell our children so meanwhile for us the forum and looking at brochures is at least a pleasure.

Mac.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello,

How long do you think I should wait before calling the dealer back to see if we have a build date?

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I was advised of my build date about 3 weeks after I'd ordered so I'd give it a little longer.

Al.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Al,

Cheers will do :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Love the wait...not. Worse than waiting for Christmas as a child lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello,

Just got an e-mail from Peugeot welcoming me to MyPeugeot, can't remember signing up for this myself so it must be something I was added to with my order.

Its nothing too exciting but heh its something about the car and thats exciting enough for me lol

-Sam

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello,

Got this update today from Peugeot Customer Service.

===
Dear Mr Barr
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">Thank you for your recent email with regards to the order of your new Peugeot 2008.
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">I am sorry to learn of the extended wait and I can imagine the frustration caused and I can fully understand your reasons for contacting us.
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">I have been in touch with Arnold Clarke - Clydebank who confirmed the order was placed in late August. I have obtained the order number and have contacted our central Distribution department in order to get an up-to-date estimated time of arrival.
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">The reason for the extended wait is purely down to the higher than expected demand for 2008 across the European market as well as for our own UK share. The demand has far outstripped supply and I can confirm that the manufacturing facility at Mulhouse in France is at full capacity. The allocation Peugeot UK have been given has also been increased because of this.
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">The 2008 enters a new niche that Peugeot haven't been present in before. Prior to the international and UK launches, we could only estimate at the level of demand that 2008 would generate. Because of this increased demand, production has increased to include extended shift patterns.
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">To put things in perspective, the manufacturing facility at Mulhouse normally produces 1200 cars a day. The 2008 generated orders of approximately 45,000 during its launch period. Because of this, production increased to an extra 520 2008s per day in September and has been increased again to 620 for October. Naturally it can take a couple of months for these changes to take effect by increasing staff and for our suppliers to adapt which is why the physical increase of production is taking effect now rather than sooner. It is for these reasons why the manufacturer uses ETA's rather than a guaranteed date that delivery will be due.
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">The Distribution department have advised that your vehicle is set for a mid-November build and should be available by the first half of December. I can understand that this must be disappointing for you for which I can only apologise. Your Peugeot dealership will be able to keep in touch with you about any further updates.
<br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;"><br style="font-family: Peugeot, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; text-align: justify;">I am sorry you have needed to contact Peugeot under such circumstances but I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope you understand that Peugeot are doing everything possible to get your new vehicle to you as soon as we can.

<div style="text-align: justify;">===

<div style="text-align: justify;">

·
Registered
184 Posts
At least you have something to go on now Sam, just the wait.Dont think i,ll get mine till Febuary

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
45000 cars ordered at launch is pretty impressive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts