Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered a paint pimple and must admit that I would have expected better from Peugeot in today's day and age especially as this is in a prominent position (right front side panel).

I don't intend to do anything about it since I prefer the retain the company paint but you might want to have a closer look at your car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
if i where you id be inclined to take it in and get it sorted, it looks like a bit of debris has been painted over and that means that bit of paint is liable to chip off very easily leaving exposed metal work which would then be wide open to corrosion setting in.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Agreed - the paint won't be bonded as a result of whatever is underneath and that will corrode - I wouldn't worry about a repair matching or being as good as the original (which is pretty poor by the way), paint repairs are fantastic nowadays; I had a door replaced on my A2 under warranty (the aluminium skin 'rips' by the hinge, there's now a modification) and I was worried by the match but I can honestly say over 6 years on that you would never know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts