Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Panoramic roof on my Peugeot 308 Allure and have just renewed my policy for my 2008 Feline.My insurers wont cover these roofs at all.Anyone else noticed on there windscreen glass cover that this is not covered.My policies is with Hastings Direct.Been looking for a independent insurer as the roof are expensive to replace

·
Registered
217 Posts
i havnt checked but i will deffo be checking when i recieve my car!! thanks for brining it up i wouldnt have even thought about checking that!!!

technically i can see why they dont cover it under the windscreen cover as it's not a windscreen but you would have thought there was an option to cover it as more and more cars are being released with panoramic glass roofs

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have just emailed ALA who do the GAP insurance for this forum.Waiting a reply.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Sounds like Hastings.

One of the lowest scoring insurers in a recent Auto Express survey.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of others to Al

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Out of the top 40 Insurers Hastings were rated 37th based on communication/speed to settle claim/helpfulness and attitude/value for money/overall service.

Tens of thousands of owners took part in the survey.

PS: Sorry, I wasn't knocking Hastings but some Insurers do come in with restrictions that others include.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
217 Posts
im in agreement with 4l0 on this one, a cursory google shows a large percentage don't cover pano's under "glass" policy (appears to be in the fine print) and is quite a problem for a lot of pano owners!! which is strange considering the ever increasing amount of cars that have them

it's also worth noting a pano is not classed as a sunroof as far as insurers are concerned so just because you have "sun roof cover" doesnt mean your safe if your roof smashes

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Blimey, I never even thought any of them would exclude a panoramic roof, afterall, it is a structural part of the car.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just to be clear the panoramic roof is covered by your car insurance in the same way as the rest of the car but it is not covered under windscreen glass which means a breakage claim will affect your NCD and the full policy excess - this is just the same as a dented/ damaged metal roof.

·
Registered
217 Posts
cheers frank, yeh i forgot to mention that bit sorry! but either way it's not good! hopefully there will be a company somewhere that inures them under a "glass" policy

·
Registered
217 Posts
just been reading up in other forums and one guy checked his policy with admiral and his pano roof was NOT COVERED AT ALL - no claims at all in any form!!!! it was an old post and admiral may have changed there policy by now but it's not looking good!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i cant find anyone at minute so
.Need one before 8th of March

·
Registered
217 Posts
i sent an e-mail to adrian flux insurance brokers yesterday asking the question and i got a call back today. basically the lady that spoke to me said none of the policies they know about cover pano roofs under "glass" it's only covered the same as body work. she completely agreed with me that it was stupid considering the ever increasing number of cars with them and efforts had been made to get insurance providers to cover pano's under the normal glass policy but none of them wan't to listen or seem particularly bothered about providing such a service.

the best advice she could offer for the time being was to ensure if possible you have protected no claims so in the event the worst happens you dont wipe out your NCB. glass roofs breaking from what i can see is a rare occurrence but still. we both agreed this is by no means a good solution but it is the best to offer currently.

this afternoon i pinged an e-mail over to aviva asking why such policy inclusions arent included, if there are any plans for them to start being covered, any advice so on and so forth so will wait to hear what they have to say.

Edited by: jonnyg30

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jonnyg30 said:
i sent an e-mail to adrian flux insurance brokers yesterday asking the question and i got a call back today. basically the lady that spoke to me said none of the policies they know about cover pano roofs under "glass" it's only covered the same as body work. she completely agreed with me that it was stupid considering the ever increasing number of cars with them and efforts had been made to get insurance providers to cover pano's under the normal glass policy but none of them wan't to listen or seem particularly bothered about providing such a service.

the best advice she could offer for the time being was to ensure if possible you have protected no claims so in the event the worst happens you dont wipe out your NCB. glass roofs breaking from what i can see is a rare occurrence but still. we both agreed this is by no means a good solution but it is the best to offer currently.

this afternoon i pinged an e-mail over to aviva asking why such policy inclusions arent included, if there are any plans for them to start being covered, any advice so on and so forth so will wait to hear what they have to say.
i rang AVIA and the lady said its covered, she went an asked.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do agree with what Frank says though you are covered by your insurance but it would be subject to excess and no claims bonus.Hastings though said they wernt covered full stop,so I cancelled :)Anyway the confusing bit to me if I got a chip and resulted in a crack.Will try one or two more tomorrow.

·
Registered
217 Posts
ahh sorry i thought you meant they covered under "glass". im searching for a company that will treat the glass as glass and not body work.

if you got a chip or crack and wanted your insurance to cover it you would have to file a full claim to have it repaired or replaced just like you would if you wanted a body panel replaced hence the advice given from adrian flux in regards to protected no claims at least that way your not going to loose all your discount if a stone flicks up from a vehicle in front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts