Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo,

I am a new user of this car ( Peugeot 2008 Style Pure Tech 1.2 81kw ( 110 ) . I have a built-in parking sensors , and my question is whether we can make the subsequent installation of the
Park Assist (automatic parallel parking system)
and if possible, how much does that cost.

Same question goes for anti-theft alarm.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Park assist and parking sensors work completely different, park assist can not be retro fitted as requires different wire harness. And motor to move steering wheel itself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you use a company that installs alarms as a profession there is no problem, l wouldn't recommend a DIY job as electrics in new cars can be a nightmare if get it wrong

·
Registered
316 Posts
No problems installing alarm so long as wiring done right. If not you can scramble the cars electronic's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For park assist (for my wife)I'm supposed to wait until March 2015 and the stock had only parking sensor, so there is no way to incorporate additional.

·
Registered
316 Posts
From what l heard from others who have park assist, its not that great

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It's ok using it on a quiet road or in a car park but on a busy road it's not so convenient due to the amount of traffic.
You have to stop just prior to the space and out from the parked cars. Select 'Park Assist' and drive slowly past the space the press 'go' and be ready to use the brake and select the appropriate gear.

At the same time traffic is building behind you and coming towards you; in fact someone may already have dived into the space before you can reverse into it.

If you use it regularly then I guess you will refine how you interact with it but for now-and-again it's just a waste.

One thing that amazed me was the speed that the steering wheel turns without you touching it at all.

I've posted several videos on here showing it in operation. Do a search and you should find them.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Park assist is worth having purely because it gives you front and rear parking sensors which justify the cost on their own, although the sensor alerts are a little too intrusive in my opinion, but this is a general problem with all alerts from the console.

The fundamental problem with park assist it's the placement of the button to activate it which is in a dumb place that requires you to ltake your eyes off the road. Then once it is activated it requires too much interaction with the console which again makes it awkward, and very slow, but no doubt would improve with practice.

Personally I don't parallel park that often and when I do I need it is never on a quiet road, and I can do it well enough without help, so I don't use it, hence I don't get the necessary practice to use it in a slick manner.Edited by: burty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts