Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post this link showing how 'Park Assist' works.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">It's quite a tight gap so it demonstrates how the system manoeuvres the car whilst the driver selects the appropriate gear when prompted.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Park Assist demo

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I guess you wouldn't need it all the time, but when the gap is tight it will be very useful.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Al.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
That really is quite a tight space and it seems to get very close to the car behind! It's appearing on a lot of cars now but I've yet to test it out..

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is an additional benefit with this system in that when you are doing 6MPH (10KPH) or less the front sensors automatically activate to warn of any obstacle (bollard, high kerb etc) when forwards parking.

Nice feature.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is another demonstration which shows how easy, and how well, Park Assist works.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkRyaLJVGQQ" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Park
Assist demo II</a>

Good eh!

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now this video I've found shows Park Assist in a very tight parking gap:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqVNp9aLpA" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Park
Assist Demo III</a>

Amazing system at a reasonable cost.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The extra is that the front parking sensors automatically switch on at 6mph (10kph) for forwards parking like into a garage up to a high kerb or bollards.

Worth it just for that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
hmmm, still not sure.

So withour Part assist, there is no front sensors?

Blimey Allan, i just noticed you've gone for every possible option

And btw, what isSOS+Assistance?

Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
155 Posts
Crash the car and it calls 999. Unfortunately, working as I do for the dibble I can confirm that most of the smaller forces aren't set up for it, so they'll get a meaningless silent 999 call.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wanted a Feline with the more powerful engine but my wife wanted an automatic so it had to be an Allure.

I added the extras to fetch it up to the Feline spec as we intend to go from two cars down to one.

I thought the SOS was a good item to add as my wife never knows where she is to call anyone. She's either just left home or just arrived at her destination; the bit in the middle is where she knows the route but doesn't know where she is!

Should she be on her own or with our granddaughters and have a problem ie; breakdown, puncture etc at least she can press a button for help.

PS: No front sensors without Park Assist but I'm sure your dealer can offer a suitable kit. There may even be a kit available in the 'Accessories' brochure when it comes out; doubt they will switch on automatically though at 6mph (10kph).

PPS: Sat-Nav was £400, Sat-Nav with SOS+ was £650. Only £250 extra and our dealer gave us an 8% discount on all the extras as well as on the car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh I see. Well that's a good reason for it.

I'll talk to the dealer, or maybe wait and see if i bump a few cars first

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank you for posting those video's
I have selected the park assist and I'm now pleased with the decision.

The front parking sensors (and cheap price) were part of the reason, I think it looks rather good with the front sensors.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does anyone know if Park assist can be added to the car after it has been delivered?

After watching all of Allan's videos hubby is getting more interested, so am I tbh. The more I watch it in action the I'm like

If we do go for it in the end we wont have the extra £300 the dealer at collection
Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Jinxx.

No, I'm afraid it can't. It can only be installed at the build.

Get it included now or you will regret not having it for those times when you really need it.

It's a small extra cost compared to the overall purchase price.

Go on; you know you want to....

Al.

PS: I noticed that you have already placed your order so if you hurry you may be in time to add it prior to your 'Build Date'.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've just checked in the Accessories brochure and Front & Rear Parking Sensors are available via your dealer if you cannot add the Park Assist to your order.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This video gives a demonstration of the Park Assist from just after 5:30 (video runs for 9:13).

This reviewer seems to select the parking system quite a bit before he arrives at the actual space he selects for parking. Works well though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8SiXPDa-w

It's a full 2008 review but I couldn't understand a word of it!

Al.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts