Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I ordered a 2008 Allure Automatic in Pearl white on the 22nd of July.
I am still waiting for a build date and have been told that it may not be until December before we receive the car. We ordered the car to try and avoid the inevitable impending failures of our current car. However:

Thecar (Renault Grand Scenic '05) which we have been offered £1200 trade in, has suffered two faults.

Fault 1 - The power steering motor has failed, making steering really stiff and inconsistent. Our local garage has confirmed it couldcost up to £1000 to fix, including a refurbished steering column and calibrated motor.

Fault 2 - The bloody key card, of which we only own 1, has almost completely stopped working. 15 mins in the car pressing the starter button and wiggling the key!!

Now these were the kind of faults and expenseswe were trying to avoid by ordering a new car. If the car, which our sales rep reckoned we might get in September, had turned up.

What is the score with Part Exchange valuations? Are they obliged to take the car and give me the £1200?
Will they re value the car when we come to collect our new one?
Has this happened to anyone else before?

I would appreciate some advice as I really can't afford to get it fixed, or take a hit on the part exchange!

Also has anyone ordered around the same date been given a build date yet?

Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

Have you signed anything yet? I suggest if you have any documentation you first read over that, they may have specific conditions on their order form regarding part exchanges.

-Sam

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello,

And seriously your still waiting for a build date and you ordered in July!

-Sam

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sam,
I'll have a look at the paperwork.

Despite the dealer saying they would get in touch, I have had to call a few times asking for info.
Yesterday he said it might be November build. He reckoned December!

Interestingly another chap in his office said that customers that ordered in early July received there cars this week. Haven't got a clue whats going on!

ta

Robin

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,

Yeah I am having to contact my dealer (Arnold Clark) as well, I told him to keep me updated as often as possible even if there is to say there is no news.

-Sam

·
Registered
144 Posts
firstly welcome
we are in same boat waiting
ordered 30th july
been told by dealer and Peugeot cust services should be the original date we'vebeen told late October build for early nov handover, but no positive news so who knows

we have a problem with our car that its mot is due nov and it will cost way more than its worth to get it through (lots of small things will mount up to grand).so when we pushed dealer about any poss delay and financial problemshe said we would chat closer to the time but seems to think car will be delivered in time (or maybe he has his fingers crossed )

in your case its tricky , as they did a deal with you and they new the time scales of delivery so one would assume they'll stand by the figure quoted, but if the problems on your vehicle have happened since im not sure what they would do, if its a longer delay than they originally said then its there problem I would have thought .

IMPORTANT BIT OF IMFORMATION was the part exchange against list price because if so that's a different ball game

grahame

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Grahame,
The £1200 they quoted for the car, which he inspected, is effectively our deposit with a cash top up for the 'just add fuel' deal. The finance was then agreed based on these figures. I worry that if they don't give me anything for the car, I will have to find £1200 cash to add just to get the finance through.

I'm half tempted to come clean, Wokingham Peugeot are actually a Renault Service centre so they might be ok about it?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
If your car is only worth that then I suspect they are offering it as a 'token' sum.

I reckon they just intended to pass your car on as 'scrap value'.

If they cater for both car makes then I think I would be tempted to 'come clean' as they may be able to help you out with some 'temporary' repairs, or even a loan car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mmm.
I'll have to mull it over, having never been in this situation before I wasn't aware that a loan car was an option.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
allan is properly right
we were offered money for part exchange(scrap value) or a little less amount as discount on that deal but opted to finance ourselves,so assuming similar deal I think as long as you can drive it in you'll be alright.

mind you if the car cant make that long they will have to work out another deal and as we were offered discount on that deal im sure you'll be alright maybehaggle even a better deal, remember with the just add fuel its afinance deal and our dealer openly said they win both ways as making money on the car and the finance

grahame

1 - 10 of 10 Posts