Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Does the passenger seat feels in middle of it like is cracked? like have two parts? I was looking at it today and felt like it has a crack in the middle for 10 cm...oriented from front to back of the car... ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
What!!!

Do you mean it splits, like two seats and a small one in the middle. Mine doesn't George I think you'll find its all part of one of the seats.

Mine only splits in two, one of them is bigger than the other.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you mean the passenger seat in the front George?

I've just been out to have a feel of my seats(!), both of the front seats feel like they are made up of 2 separate pieces of foam (or something similar) put together, you end up with a buttock on each side and the crack down the middle!

You can only tell when you feel it, it isn't visible on either seat.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Kate...exactly...a crack in the middle...of the foam...:))))I have seen that at passenger seat the cover is getting into the crack a little, like ... Tony will find a comparison...for sure :)))

Strange, as in time can get more and more ...cracked... :))))
Will monitor it very close...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi George,

The passenger and the driver seats in my 2008 are going exactly the same way.

Since October 2015 I have been trying to get the dealer's service team to get a view from Peugeot on this as to why it is happening to no avail.

Have you had any feedback on the issue?Dec

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Kate

The passenger and the driver seats in my 2008 are going exactly the same way.

Since October 2015 I have been trying to get the dealer's service team to get a view from Peugeot on this as to why it is happening to no avail.

Have you had any feedback on the issue?Dec

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,No feedback was issued by dealer. He says (joking) that probably the seats are made for persons that are not very heavy :))))
The problem appeared when I transported a person over 100kg, the seat appeared to be broken under the leather cover...
It recovered after one day, but the spongy part remained at some distance the front part from rear part (seems to have two parts on one seat, the front half and the rear half), and also the cover remained with some "hills", being not so stretched like before.
Happily (and sadly) for me, I sold the car in next period, so I did not care regarding the seats problem...
Next car will probably be a DS5 from Citroen...but PUG 2008 remains a very good and comfy car, with excellent performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts