Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should it take to get your car???? When you go and order a car from your Peugeot main dealer you agree a deal and place an order you are told the vehicle with the specification you require is sitting in Sheerness. Ok deal is done. This is what is happening to me at this moment. The salesman told me it would be registered in May to get their sales figures for the month hence the good deal I thought I'd got. So wifey and I pop off for a short break expecting to pick the car up on our return, got home yesterday and the log book and road tax for the vehicle are here so with excitement mounting I phoned the dealer to find out when we should pick up the car??????? Mr salesman is not available, but I'm told he will call back. He called back only to tell me the car hadn't arrived and would be here sometime next week........ Now I'm far from happy with this service and am even thinking of not having the car at all! To say I'm disappointed is an understatement I cannot understand what the hold up could be??? Am I expecting to much from a dealership? An experience that should be pleasant and exciting is turning sour, I really do find myself in 2 minds now. What would you do?????

·
Registered
143 Posts
Can understand your disappointment, depends upon how much you want the car but I would personally wait just that little longerbecause it will be well worth it in the end.

·
Registered
74 Posts
But is it the dealers fault?
Went through the same sort of problems with mine, even got so frustrated as to call my soliciters to see what the cancellation option would cost should I cancel.. Just so very very annoying, as time dragged, then two promised arrival days came and went.
To their credit, on its arrival, Oxford Peugeot attempted to placate me by throwing in a number of accessories.. ( all good except for that still unattatched rear bumper protector which came unstuck, curled up and caused paint damage to the hatch.)
Seems even in this age of so easily being able to track exactly where a low cost parcel is when its on its way to you - the manufacturer -Peugeot themselves- are too disorganised or uncaring, to be willing to keep (or share) a track of the new car that you have paid a substantial deposit on -- Wake up Peugeot.

But, allsaid... have to fully agree with Pugman.. it will be worth the wait. At least Peugeot have got somethings right.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had the same issue with a Citroen C3 Picasso I purchased last May 13. They registered it for their figures and said thecar was in Sheerness .It had to come from France and I got it mid June. I bought my 2008 in December was meant to be in sheerness , it was not even built and I waited for the new reg in March. If you really want the car, moan hard to see what extras they will give supagard, protectors ,full tank of fuel etc. If you ordered a EGC, read the threads a story starting to build of a issue , you may want to change your mind. Saying that I got a Diesel manual and I like the car and it is worth the wait

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just going to take a drive to the dealership and take the tax disc and log book with me and ask what's going on, then try and sort out some sort of compromise, I still like the car I'm just so disappointed with the delay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts