Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was made redundant at a month's notice, and would have to hand back my leased, and beloved, red 207SW, so on the day I was formally notified, I ordered a new 2008. That was the 9th December, my car went back on the 6th January, and, after reading through the posts on here, I had resigned myself to getting the new car when the swallows return.

However, I've just been told it is out of build and in transit. However, realistically, I am told, transit takes a fortnight to hand over, so i might only have a month of pedalling in the rain!

Fingers crossed please...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Scuba Steve and welcome.

Sad to hear about the redundancy but you seem very 'up beat' and your impending delivery of your new 2008 will see you smiling even longer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also sorry to hear of your redundacy.Agree with Al, you will really like the 2008.Like ours even more than our 207 which was a great little car for us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your kind thoughts. I'm working voluntarily at present, but it is 4 miles each way, and cycling in this weather isn't fun! Bring on my new wheels!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Delivery was promised by Toomeys for the 6th Feb, and at 18:00 last night I took possession of 'Misty'...
Well done Toomey Peugeot Southend. Apart from meeting my deadline, they only took delivery themselves at 10:30 yesterday morning, and, to honour their commitment wrangled and fiddled the workshop and valeting schedules to ensure a very happy customer: I don't know if 8 weeks 3 days order to hand over is a new record, but judging from other posts, I think it might be!

Nimbus Grey Allure, 92 egc with park assist (it's going to make me a lazy driver!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts