Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating fitting an accessory socket in the boot. Has anyone found a 12v permanent live source somewhere? What are the towbar electrics connected to?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i think the easiest way to find one mate would be to get the old multi meter out for a bit of trial and error. however be very careful what you hook up to and the current you plan to draw through the subsequent system i wouldnt put i high demmand on an external lighting circuit as they will almost definitely be controlled digitally and you could blow the control board.

i was planning on chucking a 240v inverter in the boot at some point with an attached/integrated 12v ciggy socket but for this i would run it's own power supply direct from the battery with it's own fuse (dead easy and cheap to do) for this you can use a car amp wiring kit they cost pittance and this method won't void your warranty and there is no worrys about it interfering with any other systems.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do that.But I was hoping that as there are a few people here that have fitted aftermarket tow bars which will have a permanent live, then there must be one readily available that someone knows about.

edit. I was mistaken, there is no permanent live on a trailer connection even on a split charge system so back to square 1.
Edited by: burty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts