Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently brought a 2008 gt line 1.2 petrol 130 2017. I've filled it twice and the range states 385 miles. All the research I did on the web states over 600 miles. My last car was a seat altea 1.6 and the range was around 550 miles, so I'm a bit disappointed. Is the normal.
Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your appear to be getting a theoretical 35 miles to the gallon 11 gallon tank divided into 385 .Honest John gives an average real life 44.4 for your engine but you are unlikely to be filling it right to the brim so that might account for some of the discrepancy also MPG depends on stile of driving and the local terrain you are driving in . That 385 figure you have is only an indication of recent MPG you have obtained so for instance if you have recently driven a short distance in heavy traffic before you refuel then this 385 figure will reflect this . So why not set one of the trip meters after you fill up these give average speed ,average MPG and distance travelled.to see how they compare..It looks like your Altea might have been diesel going by the engine size which do a lot more MPG anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd agree with what Sid says
I've doing mainly town driving for the last few weeks, when I filled up before a long trip the range was 350 miles, but after 150miles of steady(ish) dual carriageway driving I had a range of 340, so driving conditions play a huuge part of the computers range calculations.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Best I had out of mine 1.2 110bhp EAT6 petrol is 580 miles but that's after a long (200 mile) drive and a refill.

Best MPG I've had is 54mpg o a tank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for your replies I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how I go. I dont understand why websites state a 600 mile range.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I;ve just put £30 in my 2008 (1.6 diesel semi) which has brought the fuel gauge up to 3/4 and the range up to 473miles, I've not filled it up yet, so don't know what range will be but I'd guess it will be around the 600 mark. I'm only doing short local trips at the moment, my current average consumption on the screen is 54.3mpg and average speed 23mph!! I'm by no means a slow driver, but all the roads round here are 30mph limit, most of the journeys have been around 1 to 2 miles, of the last 100 miles i've driven only around 15 are on national speed limit roads and thats only 1 trip 7.5 each way.
I'll let you know what the range says when I fill up!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've got the 1.6 diesel (not that that helps much with your petrol, sorry) doing an average 60mpg/27mph and mostly motorway & carriageway driving. I always reset my mpg/trip etc when refuelling. I refuelled when the fuel gauge was in the red reserve zone with 70 miles fuel remaining according to the display and I had covered 480 miles since the last fill up to the brim. When I filled up, the car took 38 litres and I think the fuel tank approx. takes 45 litres according to the owners manual & I was surprised that I still had 7 litres left in the tank but I guess that tallies with the 70 miles remaining fuel on the display. I filled up to the brim an the display said 598 miles range of fuel remaining. I use my car mainly for travel to and from work which is 40 miles return trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts