1.2 (82) Allure in Spirit Grey. I took delivery last Friday and have covered 40
miles but we're bonding nicely, in fact I'm very impressed. It goes without
saying that no car is perfect but this comes pretty close. It actually had a
small but obvious rattle behind the dashboard as I drove it home from the
dealership but this has disappeared completely; probably settling in time. I'll
list the main plusses and minuses below, in my humble opinion, but won't touch
on the obvious like ""small glovebox""� etc;

PLUS POINTS-Drive/Ride. Very smooth and ""˜tall' driving
position giving a good command of the road.

Seat comfort. I think they're exceptional.

Interior ambient lighting (and footwell lighting,
not something I'm used to!)

Light steering

Easy fold rear seats

Leather steering wheel etc.

Looks/Colour

MINUS POINTS

High biting point
of clutch (I recall some other member mentioning this)

Have to step up
into the car. Despite alerting passengers they still catch the sill with their
heels.

The ""Miles
Remaining""� feature on the dashboard needs to have a word with itself. It keeps
going up, and up, and up every time I drive it. It has a full tank but still
only shows 200 miles.

I can't see the
need for a digital speed readout option on the dashboard as well as the
conventional speedometer on the right. Getting the same information twice where
the digital display could be used for other information.

Rear passenger
legroom is tight. I'm a six footer and with the driving seat adjusted to a
comfortable position for me leaves severely reduced legroom in the back.

I love the colour of the car""¦
the neighbours do ""¦""¦ but so do the birds!! I swear it has an invisible target
on it!

SURPRISE POINT

It doesn't come with Stop/Start. I'm not putting this down
as a minus as I'm not too bothered, and to be fair it's in the specs that it
isn't included. I just assumed it would be there and the salesman never told me
it wasn't. Like I say, surprised, but not disappointed.

So in summary, and as they say at McDonalds, ""I'm loving it""�!
I know some people say you can't/shouldn't get overly excited about a new car
but I'm enthralled with this one. I've had 25 cars and the last 10 have been new
but this one is just so refreshingly different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So happy to hear this review. I'm waiting for mine hopefully I'll get it by the middle of next month. Would love to see some pictures if you have to share.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By all means. Sitting proud as punch on the drive :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you kindly
Which colour did you order?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah nice - I've seen a few of those on the roads and they look great. Look forward to seeing pics of your 2008 when it arrives. You won't be disappointed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Spirited said:
By all means. Sitting proud as punch on the drive :)
Nice picture on a sunny day also something to show off to theneighbours

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To Maxwells Dad - No problem, I'm delighted with it. I intend to do a 6 month review and it'll be interesting to compare them - hopefully they will be worded similarly. Ha ha! This is an excellent club by the way - I've learned a lot through the forums and everyone is very helpful and happy to share their knowledge.
Edited by: Spirited

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To M.K. - Thank you I find its a very photogenic car - another unexpected attribute

·
Registered
73 Posts
Spirited said:
To Maxwells Dad - No problem, I'm delighted with it. I intend to do a 6 month review and it'll be interesting to compare them - hopefully they will be worded similarly. Ha ha! This is an excellent club by the way - I've learned a lot through the forums and everyone is very helpful and happy to share their knowledge.
Thanks Grahame. I look forward to comparing notes. Should be getting it in about three weeks as the dealer has informed me it's being built this week. You're right about this club. Never joined one before but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people on here. All the best, Chris

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you don't like the speed read out on the in dash display (which I think is great)this can be altered to several different modes. Instructions in your handbook. The remaining mileage does alter and many times it will increase as the computer takes your average mpg for the previous journey and divides it into the remaining fuel.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Pressing the button on the end of the right hand stalk allows you to scroll through a number of different display options for the small centre screen between the clocks. Options include speed, instantaneous mpg etc, trip 1 mpg etc, trip 2 mpg, current music/radio details, navigation details or compass (which I presume that you don't get if you don't have sat nav.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pilot said:
If you don't like the speed read out on the in dash display (which I think is great)this can be altered to several different modes. Instructions in your handbook. The remaining mileage does alter and many times it will increase as the computer takes your average mpg for the previous journey and divides it into the remaining fuel.

Ah yes, I'm aware you can change it to several different display modes using the stalk - I just felt it was a waste of an option when it's already displayed on the conventional dial.
I'm really liking your explanation of the remaining mileage- that really stands to reason and as time goes on I can see that's exactly what's happening. Many thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Spirited said:
Pilot said:

Ah yes, I'm aware you can change it to several different display modes using the stalk - I just felt it was a waste of an option when it's already displayed on the conventional dial.
I'm really liking your explanation of the remaining mileage- that really stands to reason and as time goes on I can see that's exactly what's happening. Many thanks
As far as I can remember without perusing the manual, there is even an option in the menus that lets you set it to be off permanently. Not having used it (I actually _like_ the digital speed readout), I don't know what is displayed by default instead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2008Fanatic said:
So happy to hear this review. I'm waiting for mine hopefully I'll get it by the middle of next month. Would love to see some pictures if you have to share.
Are you close to taking delivery now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unfortunately not :( (and it's not because of Peugeot the car is already waiting for me). I'm waiting for a government program to start so I can trade my old car as a discount for the new 2008. But with all things in administration it seems to take forever :((((((

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awww no - really sorry to hear that. Got everything crossed for the program to start a.s.a.p.for you. Nothing should come between a driver and their 2008!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you, I need all the lucky charms, talismans and all help I can get so this programs starts faster.
I've lost my patience a long time ago, now I'm simply exasperated :)))))))
Edited by: 2008Fanatic

1 - 20 of 26 Posts