Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyoneI have a 2015 peugeot 2008 allure 1.6 VTI
Recently i started to see some faults when i start up the car, the most common one is the engine fault the car shows a warning on the infotainment system and a little orange engine sign like this

when i looked up in the car's manual it turned out that it indicates a problem in emission control system
another annoying thing is the gearbox, once in a while the car shows gearbox fault along with service warning light on the dashboard.

The car drove less less than 5000 miles and its almost brand new everything else is just fantastic i enjoyed every second owning this car so has anyone faced the same issues ? and what i can do to fix this
thank you so much i hope you help me

·
Registered
540 Posts
That warning light covers lots of things - by emissions control system is basically code for 'anything to do with the engine' - it needs a proper ECU diagnosis, I suspect there is a fault in the gearbox somewhere that occasionally manifests itself in the engine warning light

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi. You have a warranty for three years so I would take it back to the dealer for them to diagnose and fix the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took to the dealer and according to them it's just a minor fault they did a reset to the systems, the engine warning lightdisappeared but just after 2 days it came back so i asked here to see if someone has any idea about the issue.Thanks for replying i reallyappreciate it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No problem. The engine management light coming in always gets you worried but it really shouldn't be happening in such a new car. I really hope they can get it sorted for you. There are some very knowledgeable folk on this forum so hopefully one of them can help to shed some light on your issue.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would suggest that you take it back to the dealer, again. Obviously a simple reset isn't the cure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it back to the dealer and they sorted out everything and they even did the maintenance check and now everything is perfect.
When the ignition is on but the cad isn't turned on the engine warming light on the dashboard is there but when i start up the car it disappears is that a standart situation i mean this happens regularly?

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's standard. Most of the dash lights illuminate briefly as you start up. Its just a test to make sure that they are working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of you who replied and helped i really didn't expect such a great responses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm still having annoying squeeeeek rattle from underneath the car, on a (2014) 2008, I've had both front shock's replaced at £400 and still rattling, coming from front area, I've had the bracket for exhaust welded as that was little bit loose, I've put dusters rolled up into parts of the plastic undercover of car, still rattling, it's a metallic plastic sound, next step may be remove the plastic under cover and how it's something that has come loose, by removing this is car "legally on road" please advise if you suffering as I am, cheers,,

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm still having annoying squeeeeek rattle from underneath the car, on a (2014) 2008, I've had both front shock's replaced at £400 and still rattling, coming from front area, I've had the bracket for exhaust welded as that was little bit loose, I've put dusters rolled up into parts of the plastic undercover of car, still rattling, it's a metallic plastic sound, next step may be remove the plastic under cover and how it's something that has come loose, by removing this is car "legally on road" please advise if you suffering as I am, cheers,,
Bass, since your post has nothing to do with this thread why not start a new thread with your question...that's how forums work.

If not you may not get any answers...and if/when you resolve it may help others in the future :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyoneI have a 2015 peugeot 2008 allure 1.6 VTI
Recently i started to see some faults when i start up the car, the most common one is the engine fault the car shows a warning on the infotainment system and a little orange engine sign like this

when i looked up in the car's manual it turned out that it indicates a problem in emission control system
another annoying thing is the gearbox, once in a while the car shows gearbox fault along with service warning light on the dashboard.

The car drove less less than 5000 miles and its almost brand new everything else is just fantastic i enjoyed every second owning this car so has anyone faced the same issues ? and what i can do to fix this
thank you so much i hope you help me
Yep and I've only had it 4 days!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts