Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read about the new Hybrid Air technology Peugeot is working on?

The Peugeot 2008 Hybrid Air (yet to be given a release date) uses Peugeot's new generation of 3-cylinder petrol engines with compressed air as the secondary power source. The system has been developed in conjunction with Bosch.

The car will launch with CO2 emissions of 69g/km and fuel economy of 97.4mpg. But the Peugeot is convinced that its 2008 Hybrid Air vehicle will ultimately be capable of 140mpg.

An advanced engine management system combines the two energy sources to achieve the highest efficiency in various situations.

The compressed air will assist, or even take the place of, the petrol engine during acceleration and moving off, the times when the most energy is needed.

Using compressed air in tandem with a petrol engine means the vehicle is much lighter than a diesel or petrol electric hybrid with its heavy batteries. Nor is there any compromise on space.

Peugeot's current diesel-electric car, the Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4, is capable of 74mpg and has emissions of 99g/km.The 3008 HYbrid4 uses a 2.0-litre, 163bhp diesel engine to drive the front wheels and a 37bhp electric motor to power the rear, ensuring both economy and the sporting response of a 200bhp performance hatchback.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it seems a very interesting idea doesn't it? I'll be following this with interest.

ps - think you might be our official youtube video collector

·
Registered
101 Posts
You will fall in love allan, I did! I have been given a lead time of 12-14 weeks though :-(This could be because I am getting it through a lease scheme though! Can't wait :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts