Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys just realised that the 24 month breakdown cover we were told came with the new car, actually cost us £100! Not a happy bunny. It was never said that we were paying for the cover which actually isn't very comprehensive either. Just wondering if anyone else been caught out like this?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I don't have anything listed for 24 months of breakdown cover but I did pay £650 (less some discount) for the Satellite Navigation (with 2nd USB socket) plus the Peugeot Connect SOS and Assistance.

The Sat-Nav is £400 and the SOS installation and registration etc is £250.

I think I got about 7% discount off those prices.

I was told there would be an annual charge to continue the Connect SOS.

I didn't think that was a bad price considering it covers all emergency assistance whether a breakdown or accident.

My wife feels re-assured having it available as it transmits your exact location as well as enabling you to speak to someone.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The breakdown cover standard with the car ,don't cover everything for example it wont change your tyre if you have a puncture.You can pay extra for normal AA type cover but I don't know how much

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have Peugeot Assistance for 3 years onour carwhichwe didn't have to pay for. We got our car on the Passport finance deal over 3 yearssomaybe it depends on the finance package???I'd ring the dealership and ask the question though if you were given to understand that it came with the car. Hope you get it sorted - really annoying though if you have to pay for it. Good luck!

·
Registered
184 Posts
3 years on mine with optiway service plan

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was initially charged on my order form but after we queried the final invoice over that and couple of related issues the charge was removed and listed at zero cost. I suspect it just depends on the finance deal you have. As it happens I was never going to pay for it anyway because we have `free' AA cover from out bank account

1 - 6 of 6 Posts