Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peugoet 2008 owners club,

Has anyone tried the The Peugeot Connects Apps? I have had a look & cannot see much use unless your on the road all day & all night? I have the integral Saterlite Navigation which is superb but I did not whether the connect apps just an enhancement or a gimmick?

Any thoughts?

Does anyone know how often they do updates for the Saterlite Navigation plus updates on the touch screen?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Simon,

I have just ordered a new 2008 with SatNav and was wondering exactly the same as you, so will be interested to hear what others think also.

Out of interest did yours come with the latest SatNav version which includes full UK postcode data, or was it a dealer or DIY update?

Cheers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sat nav in question came with the vehicle as standard & it has full postcode facility albeit you can go the address but it will not allow you to use house numbers. It is very good & so easy to use & I like the fact you see that directions on the small LCD screen in the dash board so you do not have to look at the screen. It is well with Henry penny & I love it.

Good luck with your new car

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for your reply Simon.

In reply to your question about the Peugeot Connect Apps, their current UK price list shows them as "Dealer Fit ONLY
<i style="line-height: 1.4;">(£199.00 is an introductory
price, normal price £279.00)"
[/i]

When I enquired about this I was told that you have to enter into a contract with an annual £94 fee, which I assume covers all updates, but she didn't say how often they will be made available.

Looking at the little video on

http://www.servicing.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot-connect-apps/ I can see that this is something would be nice to have as a 'built-in' facility, assuming of course that it contains all the appropriate UK detailsetc.but the overall cost does look a bit high to me.

I have asked my dealer to get some details for me, as his first comment was that this was a factory fitted option, and will post again when (or perhaps that should be 'if') I receive a reply!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I see & I assume that it would involve some installation prior to any future sale? I know it does look good but I know that the sat nav has many options like points of interest which I have not tried as yet.

I assume in time there will be more features on the touch screen which may come through updates when you service the car every year?

All the best & thanks again :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all

Don't know if this helps but when I picked my car up on Tuesday the dealer mentioned there was a pending update to allow you to use the data that comes with your mobile phone in order to access the Internet and connect apps

·
Registered
96 Posts
That sounds like a possible cheaper option to me, but it would be interesting to know when this 'pending' update will actually be available.

As I mentioned earlier I was told by Peugeot Customer Services that the dealer actually has to pay for the sat-nav updates, and that it was up to him to decide whether or not to pass any charge onto the customer. but I would at least expect the very latest available update to be installed at the time of purchase, free of charge, and also any other announced 'pending' updates, such as the one you mention.

Can I ask if your new car actually had the factory fitted sat-nav installed, and if so, does it come with full UK post-code functionality?

Thanks!

P.S. What colour did you go for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi...
Mine had the sat nav fitted as standard and came with full UK postcodes...and so far has been perfect

I went for a crossway in nimbus grey beautiful car absolutely thrilled with my purchase

·
Registered
96 Posts
Going back to the 'pending update' mentioned earlier, I have just found the following link:http://www.navigation.com/CCC_2014/peugeot-eu/catalog/en_GB/GBP/

This is probably not the one you were referring to, but might be of interest!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I brought the Peugeot 2008 which is feline model & came in nimbus grey. I love the whole crossover ethos & the touch screen is amazing! The sat nav is superb & the selling feature for me is the panoramic glass roof as that it is sublime! The mood lighting adds panache as well sets off the trim level you would expect of a highly priced car!

My only real issue is the globe box is small & no use to man or beast!

I have done 500 miles & all in all it is very good on all surfaces!

Happy days

·
Registered
96 Posts
bigbird25059815 said:
Hi, I have exactly the same model & the sat nav is fantastic!

The post code functionality is superb & I only wish we were able to get updates which are free.
Sorry Simon, but I am not quite with you there!

If they are indeed free, why can't you get them?... or isn't that what you are saying?

Presumably then, there are some which you can get, which aren't free?

Or have I got it all completely wrong... again?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish the updates for the sat nav are free & you could download them via your smartphone connection? I know that in time the touch screen will have more functions & options. I only wish that you could do more like ford focus sync to reply to text messages etc

Otherwise the Peugeot is lovely car to have & own

1 - 13 of 13 Posts