Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an engine fault warning light come on on my Peugeot 2008. The car is 2 months away from its 3rd service and first MOT so still under warranty.
I called the Peugeot dealer where I bought the car in Aberdeen only to be told they are no longer the Peugeot dealer. So who is the new dealer I asked, well the nearest one is in Peterhead 25 miles away.
I have a 3 year service plan with the dealer I bought the car from which the new dealer will not recognise. So their only solution was to give me my last 12 month premiums back. I have queried with Peugeot Customer service why they have no dealer in a city the size of Aberdeen and I have to drive 25 miles to get my car attended to. Peugeot Customer Service have not even bothered to reply to me.
So am feeling abandoned by the dealer I bought the car from, the service plan supplier and most of all by Peugeot.

There is not much chance I will be buying a Peugeot again.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got an engine fault warning light come on on my Peugeot 2008. The car is 2 months away from its 3rd service and first MOT so still under warranty.
I called the Peugeot dealer where I bought the car in Aberdeen only to be told they are no longer the Peugeot dealer. So who is the new dealer I asked, well the nearest one is in Peterhead 25 miles away.
I have a 3 year service plan with the dealer I bought the car from which the new dealer will not recognise. So their only solution was to give me my last 12 month premiums back. I have queried with Peugeot Customer service why they have no dealer in a city the size of Aberdeen and I have to drive 25 miles to get my car attended to. Peugeot Customer Service have not even bothered to reply to me.
So am feeling abandoned by the dealer I bought the car from, the service plan supplier and most of all by Peugeot.

There is not much chance I will be buying a Peugeot again.

Keep at Peugeot Customer Service. They were very good with me when I needed the alloys refurbished - and the car was out of warrenty, just. They offered to pay me 80% of the cost to have all 4 wheels done, and liased with my dealership. Actually I'd have to drive 35 miles to one dealership down here (where we bought our first 2008, new, in 2013) or alternatively 17 miles in pretty much the opposite direction to the other local dealership where I bought my current 2008, and have all my Servicing done. So forgive me, but 25 miles wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

It's a bit off that your Service Plan isn't being honoured, regardless of whether or not the dealership you were dealing with, has now closed. Again, keep at Customer Service!! They do care.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well every other Car manufacturer has dealerships in Aberdeen and within 6 or 7 miles of where I live so I can easily drop off my car and get the bus home. So it is a deal breaker for me. Peterhead is 1/4 the size of Aberdeen and difficult to get to for me, how they can justify a dealership there and not in Aberdeen is a mystery.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Unlike WhipMama I had a very poor response (eventually) from Peugeot Customer Services, so I sympathise. I wrote back telling them I would not buy another new Peugeot (on our third) if the issue were not resolved and never got a reply. I have 2 dealers within a 15 mile radius.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts