Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , just got my Allure yesterday but I've noticed that the engine heater warning light doesn't come on when starting mine is a 16 dci is this normal

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,
Mine sometimes comes on briefly in the morning, usually for less than 2 seconds. I think it is related to how cold the car is, normally it doesn't. So I would say it is perfectly normal, pros of an advanced Diesel engine.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I can't say that I have noticed on mine but I got into the habit of turning the ignition on and then putting my seat belt on before starting the car 20+years ago with my first diesel car and old habits die hard and all that.I do also always wait for the dash test to complete before starting (that's a consequence of having had an Aprilia Motorcycle).

As with the 2008 the 207 and the Fiat Grande Punto I had previously didn't need the glow plugs to heat up before starting anyway - modern diesels are pretty Damn good innit?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Most cars activate them now when you unlock the doors - we have a C4 Picasso with a 1.6HDi and have owned it for nearly 3 years - I don't remember ever seeing the glow plug light on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts