Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken out the annual Peugeot insurance policy ?

When I called to activate the 7 days free insurance they quoted me for the whole year a price of £244.

elsewhere I can get it for about £170 (RAC, AA etc)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Funny business is Insurance.

There are so many clauses that can affect the price you pay.

My Comprehensive policy with full 'no claims' discount is £240 but that's with Increased Personal Accident and Legal Protection and Replacement Car.

Myself and my Wife are the only drivers and it's for Domestic and Pleasure use (no commuting as we're both retired).

Even so I agreed to a £150 'Voluntary Excess' on top of their 'Compulsory Excess' of £150 for accidental damage!

On top of that are their other 'Compulsory Excess' charges of £100 for Fire and Theft and £75 for Broken Glass!

Plus point is that I get Full Purchase Price for a new car for 2 years from date of first registration.

PS: That's with SAGA (Sex And Games for the Aged).

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't qualify for SAGA just yet,but the rest was pretty similar to your conditions, apart from a £500 voluntary excess,

The good thing is that the 2008 is a lot cheaper to insure than the 307cc I had before, that was over £400 pounds.

I think I will go for the RAC as that is the insurance company I had before, and there quote is competitive with others.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Auto Express had an Insurance comparison issue (also gave a good review of the 2008 up against the Captur and Juke).

It was an August special issue (No: 1279).

It compared: Communication; Speed to settle claim; Helpfulness and attitude; Value for money; Overall service.

They listed the TOP 40.

Number 1 was NFU Mutual. SAGA came in at 5th.

My old insurer was Prudential who came in 17th place (they were around £100 dearer than SAGA).

Many of the ones who advertise on the TV didn't do very well! Hastings 37th. Sheilas' Wheels 34th. Esure 31st. More Than 29th. Churchill 26th. Swinton 24th. Aviva 22nd.

LV=Liverpool Victoria was 6th.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ended up with RAC myself as well. Full business use and protected for around £170 and only compulsory excess.

LV when I asked then in August, they were insuring my RCZ, would not insure the 2008 as it was a high risk vehicle, que?

Maybe next year I will go back to them.

Mac.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stayed with direct line because i would have to pay them back £70 cashback i got.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have an Admiral multi-car policy with four cars and four drivers two of whom are under 21. That costs me over 2k for the year.I swapped the 207 for the 2008 and it cost me an extra £60 for about 6 months which is OK IMHO.I will shop around in April on renewal. Downside is it doesn't cover invoice on write off so I bought the gap insurance which was just over £100 for three years.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
If anyone wants to know the scores/position for their insurer then just ask on here.

It only lists the top 40 though.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just for info the breakdown of the scores for SAGA are:

Communication: 5

Speed to settle claim: 5

Helpfulness and attitude: 5

Value for money: 7

Overall service: 7

Combined: 5th out of 40.

Scores are out of the top 40 ratings by customers. The lower the score the better the rating.

·
Registered
311 Posts
what did Admiral get? they are ours. thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm with Admiral for both of our current cars, looked online at a quote for a 2008 (not mine obviously) just to get an idea and it came back at £155 for the year with business insurance etc.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Unfortunately Admiral didn't make it into the top 40.**

**PS: Please see explanation post further down

·
Registered
311 Posts
who made the top 20 in the list Al?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Thought I'd better just qualify about Admiral not making the top 40.

If you can't find your cover provider listed they may have not received enough responses. Auto Express require a robust sample size to keep the results fair and the list comprises insurers and brokers as drivers scored the company they dealt with when sorting out their cover or making a claim.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
jinxx80 said:
who made the top 20 in the list Al?

1: NFU Mutual
2: LV=Frizzell
3: Adelaide IAM Surety
4: Royal and Sun Alliance
5: SAGA
6: LV=Liverpool Victoria
7: John Lewis Insurance
8: RIAS
9: Groupama
10: Co-operative Insurance
11: Ageas
12: NatWest
13: Nationwide
14: Marks & Spencer
15:Sainsbury's
16: Allianz
17: Prudential
18: Adrian Flux
19: Lloyds TSB
20: Direct Line
21: Tesco
22: Aviva
23: Equity Red Star
24: Swinton
25: AXA
26: Churchill
27: Zurich Financial Services
28: Privilege
29: More Than
30: Halifax
31: Esure
32: Insure
33: Broker Direct
34: Sheila's Wheels
35: AA
36: Chaucer
37: Hastings Direct
38: Highway
39: Swiftcover
40: Diamond

PS: any complaints please address to Auto Express!

·
Registered
311 Posts

At least now I know whom to get quotes from.

Thanks Al.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts