Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of weeks ago I placed my order for a GT-line in hurricane grey with black alloys, part leather interior, heated seats and park assist. deposit went down, order went in no worries.

About 2 weeks later I was sifting through my junk e-mail folder to try and find an e-mail that had gone missing. I came across an e-mail from the dealership that was over a week old. It said that my order had been rejected by the factory because peugeot had changed the options available to the 2008 and could I contact them ASAP to make decisions on moving forward.
A little miffed I hadn't been left an answer phone message, I contacted the dealership.

It now turns out you can't get the black alloys as courtessy optional extra any more, you need to pay £290 for a "black pack" unfortunately this also changes all the badges black.......personally i like the red badges a **** of a lot more and I certainly wasn't happy to learn it's now going to cost me an extra £290!!

Most shocking of all I was told the 2008 GT-line was no longer available to order with heated seats with any interior and if i wanted heated seats I would need to order the model below!!!!!
Slightly confused and somewhat refusing to believe a car manufacturer would remove a heated seat option from their top model but allow it to remain on the lower specs I forced the dealership to do some research. I also carried out my own research.
So far the peugeot website still says the GT-line is available with heated seats, the dealership has contacted various different areas within peugeot UK head office and no one has been able to give them an answer!! The latest spec sheet giving to the dealership by peugeot has heated seats omitted from the gt-line trim and it's not available to select on the order system. Over a week later I'm still no closer to finding out what peugeot do or do not offer on their vehicle which is nothing short of ridiculous!
I finally contacted peugeot myself today and now have to wait for an area manager to get back to work before the question can be asked on my behalf!

Is anyone else having this issue or something similar?? has anyone managed order a gt-line with heated seats in the last few weeks?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi,
They also do a nice metallic blue in the new brochure.

FWIW I'd never bother with blue, metallic or not. My sister had a 207SW in blue and it never looked clean!! Be warned - unless you don't mind having to get it cleaned all the time!! Far better if one of the greys, or even the red which we currently have and which I was surprised to find is way more dirt kindly, than I'd anticipated. This is the old Amber Red on the X-overs btw.

Too bad about heated seats, but is this really a deal-breaker? I've never had a car with this (it's something else to go wrong!) and managed fine - even in the middle of a Canadian winter (other makes of cars without this).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I looked at the new ones, but as you say no heated seats.

So went for a 66 plate GT Line with, plus only £20 road tax! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
A heated wind screen would be better , frosty this morning forgot to put cover on 2008 last night , so went out in the fiesta ( heated screen )

·
Registered
411 Posts
A heated wind screen would be better , frosty this morning forgot to put cover on 2008 last night , so went out in the fiesta ( heated screen )
I agree - I still miss my Fiesta's heated front windscreen. :plain:

·
Registered
287 Posts
My other car has a heated screen, seats and steering wheel, I'm in heaven and don't even need to put the blowers on.

But a little too much power to put down in sub zero temps sadly, so will make do with my C-HR and soon to come 2008 with Michelin Cross Climate+ rubber, road holding when it's wet/icy is biblical :D

PS: if you have part leather it's really leatherette, only cars that have full leather is it actually leather, and then only the seat fronts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow, I never knew that the rear seats in my 2008 Feline Mistral weren't leather as they look and feel like leather. In fact they look as if they're made of the same material as my front seats which are definitely leather. Must be a very, very good imitation as it's had me fooled for the last three years:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts