Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i can't charge my Motorola g ver2 with a usb lead from either port.
The charge icon comes on on the phone but it states it's not charging is
this normal or do i need a specific lead from peugeot.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't think you can change from USB its for music and sat nav as far as l know

·
Registered
273 Posts
Use the 12v power socket with an appropriate car charger for your phone. If you don't have one they are less than a fiver on e-bay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a look at the handbook to confirm, but think I have read it will charge some products through the USB (probably Apple!), but not others. Think Pilot above is correct in his advice.

"A new (used) 2008 115 Feline owner this coming Saturday".

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You can charge when plugged into the 1st USB but note restriction if you are attempting to charge in the 1st socket and using the 2nd socket at the same time:

·
Registered
13 Posts
u should but one to charge you phone asyou cant charge from usb unless it is a apple phone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
u should buy one of this it is only £2.99 from Amazon as you cant charge with the usb unless you have a apple phone.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I use a Griffin dual USB socket cigarette lighter adapter, but beware buying from Ebay as there are a lot of supposedly counterfeit items about and I have read that they can catch fire.

My Moto G phone does charge from the built in USB sockets.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just tested my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and it charges ineither of theUSB ports andwhether the ignition is on or off.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
242 Posts
My iPhone work fine from the usb port, phones charging can vary if you use a budget cable. Try the original sub cable with the phone

·
Registered
398 Posts
As long as the phone is charging at 500mA, 5V, will work.Most phones have between 500-650mA power drain, but can be cases with 1000mA (My Lenovo tablet and phone). This ones will not work, as the power is not enough.
Samsung S2, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung S5 - working fine.
Lenovo 3G tablet 8" - only powered by cigarette power socket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also use the 12v auxiliary socket & USB adaptor for charging my iPhone. If I plug the iPhone into the left hand USB socket I have trouble playing MP3 files from the right hand USB socket.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The left (UK) or right (for rest of Europe) is "auxiliary USB" from USB hub.It delivers only 500mA measured output.
The USB with plug-in for aux.input (UK -closer to driver,with a small female jack 3,5") delivers 650mA. You should try that one. But...If the phone consumes more, will slowly discharge (even if is plugged in USB socket, with Bluetooth and GPS active, the phone is draining more than 650mA, so you will see the phone charging, but the battery will slowly discharge).

·
Registered
217 Posts
if it's any help my sony xperia z2 wouldn't charge, the reason why was because it was in transfer mode. the USB ports on the car are not "dumb" power ports they are data ports as well as power so the phone tries to talk to the car as it sees it as a computer and this causes issues.

if you change your phone connection mode to "mass storage" so it acts like a memory stick the phone will charge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/">
According to my daughter the usb cable does not actually charge - you need to plug in a charger to the cigarette lighter style socket which then works . Apparently this is a Peugeot issue?

·
Registered
217 Posts
bob new owner 2015 said:
< ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0" ="text/">
According to my daughter the usb cable does not actually charge - you need to plug in a charger to the cigarette lighter style socket which then works . Apparently this is a Peugeot issue?

??????????

·
Registered
242 Posts
My iPhone charge fine with a sub cable

1 - 17 of 17 Posts