Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I am a newbie here and my 2008 is my first Pug. My wife had a 205 1600 diesel some many years ago and it went on and on and on...I have come from a Nissan Note and have been driving the petrol 1600 Auto. It is a good car but expensive to run an is now 5 years old. Unlike TOH I change more frequently. Cars that is.
I am due to pick up my car tomorrow and it was due three weeks ago but DVLA let their combined brain cell go on holiday so I had my name as address and vice versa requiring a reregister which took me over into my spring holiday.
I have surprised a few people by opting for the 1.2 semi auto but am no longer willing to race the others from the lights or dash onto roundabouts. I am retired and now only drive 15 to 20 thousand miles a year. I may have made a mistake in ordering the sat nav version and after the Nissan one I am now used to it has to be good but the reports are against it.
The car has a stop start engine which is new to me and thinking back over the years when too much stopping and starting was seen as 'bad' because it used more fuel it makes me chuckle about new technology. Look at 1600's in the F1's beating last years speeds!/diagrams.
I have had my one and only knock in almost 50 years of driving a couple of years back when I was T boned going around a roundabout by some guy having problems with his mobile while chomping on his lunch. I decided then to get one of those dash cameras so that the insurance people can see what happened rather than have to work it out from description and drawings.My insurance wanted a knock for knock till I pointed out that the other guy had accepted responsibility and his
insurershad written me saying so.

Anyway, I have looked at all the camera ads and some guy on you tube who makes video reports on them. I haven't seen one that runs for three or four hours on its own battery, they all seem to need to plug in and have wiring jobs to do. Anyway, with a stop start engine then surely the thing turns off when the engine cuts!

I had a good demo ride and found the seating great and the wheel, although a little demure, nice to hold and handle. In fact the car seemed to have the 'Apple' feel for me, all intuitive controls and good looks all round. I am 6ft 2" but the seating feels good. I am due to pick up the
beauty some time tomorrow so will report back as a new owner soon. By the way, any comments about in car cameras would be welcome.
Muffin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it had me start to take the car to pieces I thought Nahh, not for me. A camera with a built in 3-4 hr battery would suit me and I could charge it at home. Thanks for taking the time to find it for me Nippyknot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi MuffinThe Stop start should give no issues from the dash power socket, it stays powered on when the engine system cuts the engine, it only powers off when the key switch is off.

I've had my 1.6 Diesel ECG for just over 4 weeks now, all very good, generally 50 + MPG, (55 indicated, 52 calculated over 450 miles).
currently on 1100 miles and about to fill up again. last trip is indicating over 60 MPG. I'll have to see what the actual calculated figure is?

Anyway enjoy the car, it has many good points, more boot space than TOH Auris, and some 200mm shorter overall, A good package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My kids run and charge their tablets and phones off the rear 12v socket,through a four way splitter with no problems,socket remains live when start/stop operates, sometimes, if there is to much energy consumed, say if the sockets, air con, fan, heated rear, wipers, lights are all on the same time, the start stop will automatically suspend, until energy levels restore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts