Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Picked up my car today , 1.6 Allure Diesel 92

Never had a test drive on one

Very Pleased with the car , should have checked the handbook how to get thefuel flap open (You push it !)

Feels a quality car ,minor niggle you cant switch off the radio and have to mute it

Ichange from a year old Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 diesel ,suspect the same engine. Find the 2008 very quiet,smooth and nippy compared to the Citroen

If you not drove a diesel before ,have a test drive .It is fine you just have to adjust your driving style with the emission & gearing set up.Round town you be staying in 3rd, not prompted to go into 4th till 37mph & 5th 48mph.The C3 Picasso was similar but a couple of miles lower to change.

I purchased the mats and the bootliner with the car(£70 one).Mats are good ,the bootliner I am not sure on, suspect when my dog jump in he go through it with his claws ! There are better cheaper ones on e-bay !

Checked with the garage if I am likely to be called in for the fuel leak recall, they thought if there was a recall it would have been done on the pdi inspection.I suspect the jury will be out on this one !

·
Registered
273 Posts
To switch the radio off just press the round volume button in on the screen. (top left) Just give it one quick press to turn off and another to turn it back on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Or if you want to turn the whole screen off you can do that in settings. A

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I think that is the mute button, it still look like the radio is active

My dauaghter has the same issue issoe on a 208

thanks

pete

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The radio is always active.I don't really understand why that is a problem if it can be muted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts