Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site... Got a 1.2 vti in May 2014 and happy since then. But I noticed just recently that there is no plastic belly pan (or engine undertray) fitted on it... Does anybody have the same situation like me? Is it standard not to have such in a 1.2 vti petrol? Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Brownpug and welcome to the Forum...

Was surprised to find that when I first checked Humpty, my 1.6 Hdi, it has hard black plastic undertray/pans etc. rather than the previously long established reinforced card type of tray.... looks very 'lightweight' overall down there underneath... hence was named Humpty. But getting to your 1.2 vti.. seems extraordinary to me that any new model car should Not have undertrays etc. all part of the airflow direction needed to produce maximum m.p.g. as I understand it... so have you just had a service or something..

You'll soon get an answer from some other 1.2 vti owners... will be interesting to see what happens so please keep us updated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ejohn! No, I haven't gone to service yet as it is a new one when I bought in May (10km on the clock)... Went to the dealer last monday (aug 26)... They ran my VIN through their system and said the undertray is not really supplied... When I asked them should I get one, they said i don't need to coz it was not there for a reason and I might lose the warranty if I install one.... But I'm not convinced so I wrote peugeot ireland and they ask my Reg number and am awaiting for their reply...its really strange... Btw, I hope it's okay joining 2008-uk forum since I couldn't find one for irish owners.... Thanks again ejohn!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

My 1.2vti has a short tray about 250mm attached to the bumper but nothing under the engine/gear box so looks like that is the way they are.

Can I ask if you read my recent post in ""˜Technical' as Calling all 1.2vti owners, 150 readers only 2 reply's indicate to me that mine may have a possible problem would be interested to hear your opinion as a 1.2vti owner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info! Peugeot confirmed the undertray is not standard/fitted on the 1.2vti... but I've yet to hear from them if I need one or not...regarding your inquiry, I also experience those things you observed/mentioned... I guess that's maybe the characteristics of a 3 cylinder vti...since its a relatively new type of engine, i think we just have to get used to it... I for one sometimes find my driving confidently and sometimes not...but I'm still convinced its a punchy great little engine and I'm looking forward to years of happy motoring....
BTW, I'm only getting 38-40mpg on city runs, clock so far is 1500miles...
cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts