Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have allure 1.6 hdi EGC AUTO
Had 6wks

Any one else suffering a kind of jerky ride in auto? Prominent gear change. Giving motion sickness?
Tried in auto with foot on and off throttle as gears chg
Tried in manual as above with paddles and stick
Tried with ECO off

I heard its called sailboating??

Its like riding a horse u body is bk n forth on gear chg.

Angry as dealers said EGC semiauto same smoothe ride as full auto and as i ha e spinal tumour it most certainly is not smooth. To me i may as well be on bucking bronco as jerkiness doesnt help my condition and pain caused plus poor lumbar support in seats.

Just dont feel safe or confident.

HELP!!
Edited by: chesternutz

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Chesternutz

I brought this up in a recent post. I know what you mean, its a pretty quirky especially between 1st & 2nd for me. I've had a 1.2 petrol egc for 2/3 weeks. I find I prefer it in the manual mode and drive it much as you would a manual car by easing off the accelerator just prior to changing gear - with the paddles or gear shift, whichever takes my fancy. It seems to make gear changes much smoother and I'm getting used to it. I also think I was being a bit 'precious' in my driving approach and (to me) it seems more receptive when I am a little more aggressive with the gas when picking up a higher gear. Sorry to hear its affecting your back, I have a pretty chronic back condition too and its not a lot of fun at times.

Otherwise I like the car a lot and whilst I wish it was a 'conventional' automatic I can live with it. Then again I have to as we all know the cost involved in switching a new car - just joking! If I make any 'discoveries' as far as driving technique goes I'll let you know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

Have a look at this; is this a similar effect?

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/rocking_topic476.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Not sure, I was thinking it was something directly related to egc. It looks like there is a similar issue with manuals but I wouldn't know how to compare.

Thanks anyway for the link.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There seems to be a current theme around the sailboat antics of this really well designed car. Having not experienced this effect on my 92bhp dream machine, I thought I would try to induce this sensation. Itbecame obvious that this feeling ofundesirable motion can be achieved by driving beyond the capability of thedesign criteria of comfort and eco friendly transportation. Having recently made a conscious decision to become an ECO warriorhaving driven expensive gasguzzling performance cars for many years. I readily except that I now drive a tractor that needs T.L.C to achieve the advertised figures. This car may not be suitable for certain driving styles, But consideration should be given to the fact that when driven with the attitude of a"Tree Hugger", Comfort and smooth conveyance is achievable. I would recommend that prior to making statements and possible derogatory claims towards the capability of thevehicle, The complainants should consider there driving style and what they have actually bought.

Yours - A very happy Tree Hugger.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Shoggy, I drive sometimes like an Eco warier but once or twice a week I throw the car around like a speed demon! I live in the mountains of North Wales so windy, narrow and full of pot holes. My 2008 handles beautifully even when I chuck it round corners at 70mph! I have never experience this 'rocking' that people are complaining about. It is not a car that is particularly designed to drive fast but I think it handles pretty impeccably considering and I rarely have to reign myself in! Sad that people are experiencing problems with theres as I genuinely love my car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shoggy pfft shoddy with insinuations its MY driving at fault.

The word rocking does instill its driving roll on corners etc. The car handles great. But do either of you have the EGC or manual?

Simply best as someone else put this week. The gear change is more pigeon like. Chicken headed bobbing not rocking side to side.

Surely i should be able to write whatever i like shoggy! After all its mu opinion and my car and my issues with the unpleasant ride.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Mine's silky smooth. No jerkiness at all. Perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts