Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My girlfriend and I will be traveling in europe in may and june. We need a car to rent/ lease and going to do the French buy back lease program.We are going to lease for a 49 day period and the 2014 2008 top on my list.

The leasing companys dont list that much info about it though. I guess the top question is can a person lay down in the boot? We are planning on using the rental to car camp some of the time and we would like to have the option to sleep in the car. Cant find info on the net though what the length is with the rear seats down.

Other cars on the table are the 308sw and parter tepee. Anyone know anything aboutthese other two?

Thanks,

Mason

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Why not go to see one at your local dealers?

I found this but I guess it depends upon the size of the person intending to have a sleep-in....hey you may have started something there....we could have a 'meet' at Wickstead Park and all have a sleep-over....

Good luck.

Al.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Its not just the length you need to consider the width with two of you. The 2008 is narrower than some SUV/MPV. Best way is go tom the dealer and book a extended test drive, or ask them to fold the seats and try it in the showroom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. I'm in the usa and peugeot is not sold here in the States so can go and check them out at a dealer. Can someone when thry have a spare moment get the width and length measurements for me?I have tried finding the info on the net but cant get an exact number.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just had a quick look and I reckon the tallest a person needs to be is 5' 6" with a width of 18" max. Distance between the rear wheel arches is only a little over 3' 6".

Possibility of a little more headroom with the seats moved forwards which will give about an extra 4".

I would not recommend it though except in an emergency.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
allan40alt said:
I've just had a quick look and I reckon the tallest a person needs to be is 5' 6" with a width of 18" max. Distance between the rear wheel arches is only a little over 3' 6".

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Possibility of a little more headroom with the seats moved forwards which will give about an extra 4".</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I would not recommend it though except in an emergency.</span>
cool thanks,

We own a 1998 toyota 4runner which we sleep in on long car trips or camping. Sleeping weight is only 3' 2" in or rig so im sure we would be ok there. My consern is the length as im 5' 11".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do the front two seats fold down like the Rears seats do? How is the ride height compared to the 208?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts