Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 1.6 hdi egc,with 17000 miles on the clock.
Four weeks ago the steering started to pull to the right, the RAC guy said it needed to go to the dealer for investigation as the fault only occurred under 35 miles an hour. Above 35mph it straightened up with no pull to the left or right.The dealership has had it ever since,they can't find the fault and have now referred the issue to Peugeot UK.Anyone else had this problem????

·
Registered
273 Posts
The steering on the 2008 is electric powered. Your fault sounds quite alarming. Do you have Park assist fitted as then there is obviously a connection that allows the steering to operate without driver input. At least your dealer doesn't deny that the fault exists.
Edited by: Pilot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it doesn't have park assist.I have had a text saying that the car is ready for collection so will keep you updated,and yes it was alarming as it wouldn't drive in a straight line.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks. Very interested to know what the fault was.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just an opinion...the steering is electric, but also have hydraulic components. If you have problems at low speed, and disappear at high speed, gives me a thought that could be a leak in hydraulic, that increase pressure at higher speed and the pressure compensate the leak...But is just a hint... :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
In the pre-power steering days (I remember them well) it was always like trying to pull a ton weight when going slowly and you needed to eat a tin of spinach before you tried to turn the wheel when stationary.

Once you were mobile though the steering felt quite light.

In those days you needed a really big steering wheel!

PS: ...and we had indicators that flapped out of the side of the car.....and then we could get a small indicator bulb that flickered on/off (eventually; when it warmed up!).

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2 Posts
argggg I have just had exactly the same problem, please tell me they fixed the problem haha.

What was the issue virtually traced to? Please help

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Don't ignore the simple. Check tyre pressures before doing anything else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I'm a mobile mechanic. Have been for 30 years. I have just serviced one of these 2008, he asked me to look at his steering as It pulls to the left. It's only done 30k,he took it to main dealer who said there's nothing wrong and sent him away. When I drove It, has got a pull. I think it may be the electric column as I had a micro with same problem a year ago. Let me know what your main dealer says please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a Peugeot 2008 (2013 year) steering pulling to the right low speed (30mph) been to Peugeot nothing wrong with the steering rack didn't need to be re programmed after all, suggested 4 wheel/steering wheel alignment (still no go) I have another rack fitted which has a fault (so i'm told) only have the car 29 days and been in garage 10 times. Now I haven't got the car because i'n not allowed to drive this until Peugeot sort the warranty of the rack out. (Quest whom I purchased the car from proved a Courtesy car). all anightmare!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought second hand 2008 2015-2016 register allure 1.2 with EGC gearbox car keeps pulling to the right on average speed around 30mpg both in Eco mode and without eco, if any attempt is made to bringing back to centre (straight) steering gets hard as if driving none steering power car, times it agitates going between right and left and gets fright as if it will move any direction without control, taken to the dealer they are want to put new tyres and than do wheel alignment with centralising the wheel then see if there is any fault in steering rake, how all this going to solve the problem for me is puzzle except it is going to hit my pocket before they find the fault which is very similar to other owners.. I would like to know if any one has got this rectified and how.. I hate to sale the car and flog it another person to face the runabout

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought second hand 2008 2015-2016 register allure 1.2 with EGC gearbox car keeps pulling to the right on average speed around 30mpg both in Eco mode and without eco, if any attempt is made to bringing back to centre (straight) steering gets hard as if driving none steering power car, times it agitates going between right and left and gets fright as if it will move any direction without control, taken to the dealer they are want to put new tyres and than do wheel alignment with centralising the wheel then see if there is any fault in steering rake, how all this going to solve the problem for me is puzzle except it is going to hit my pocket before they find the fault which is very similar to other owners.. I would like to know if any one has got this rectified and how.. I hate to sale the car and flo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I'm having the exact same problem. My peugeot pulls to the right when going up through the gears, but when I reach between 30mph to 40mph it slightly goes away. I've tried things like getting the wheel alignment done and checking tyre pressure but still pulls off to the right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts