Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My wife has been doing some driving around, and after a few full locks of the wheel doing some tight turns, the power steering has gone and the service light comes on - has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Alan,

Whats the state of play now. Is it all locked up. If so, then unlock it and I would have said check the fuses. But it appears from the handbook that there isn't a designated fuse for the power steering which has an electric driven pump if I'm not mistaken.

The first thing I would do is try and restart it, as you never know it may well be a french electrical gremlin and clear itself. I would certainly run a diagnostic check thro the on the dash board socket. Have you got a code reader to check what the engine light light is showing.?

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi uncletone to be honest I am not near the car, although from what I understand the issue lasted for about 5 minutes then cleared - I have spoken to the dealership who have said to bring it in for some testing as they haven't had had this fault. Will find out later this week, but it is a little concerning given it only has about 900 miles on the clock.I will update once I have taken it to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts