Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Yesterday I purchased my 2008 crossway 1.2 petrol in nimbus grey. Was the showroom model so need to wait for it to be made, but I am waiting a couple of weeks for collection so I can get the new 64 plate on it! Very exciting!

Quick question though, does this come with two remote keys, or one remote and one old style key? Currently my partner and I both have a new for the current car we have as part of our keyring...maybe if this only comes with one remote key I will have to purchase another!!!

Also, does anyone have experience with the 1.2 puretech engine? I'm swapping froma 1.1 diesel Kia Rio, and just intrigued to know how good the fuel economy is with it!

Many thanks!

Ashley

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congratulations, the 1.2 Puretech Crossway in Nimbus Grey seems to be freely available - there were three in the compound at Peugeot Birmingham the other day!

Yes, you only get one proper key sadly - it's a Peugeot anomaly that they only solve on the Feline (it has an alarm and needs to have a remote key to disable it)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ashley, the 1.2 fitted to the current 2008 is phenomenal, ok its not a racing machine but its very lively and returns an excellent mpg. I hired a 1.2 EGC for the weekend and did a small write up late July.http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/2008-vs-captur_topic763_post6879.html?KW=egc#6879

Also seehttp://www.peugeot.co.uk/puretech/
I can't comment on your 1.1 diesel vs 1.2 vti (puretech).
btw : I thought the puretech name was being kept for the 1.2 turbo that is on the 308 and due on the 208 / 2008 !!

Edited by: aro-rat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou both for your replies!
Shame about the lack of a 2nd remote key, I may have to try purchase one, maybe not straight away, but Ill look at getting a second.

Just checked the technical information given to me by the dealer, the crossway is listed as coming with a PureTech 1.2 VTi engine...so unless they have rebranded them Im not too sure. Certainly wasn't slow on the test drive, just loving the MPG return from my Rio, and hoping Im not going to take too much of a hit!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes true, it was rebranding of the vti, makes sense as the BHP will differentiate now.

Don't wait to but the 2nd remote, tell the dealer you are a bit disappointed (truth) and as its a new purchase perhaps meet halfway with the cost. Good luck

Frank, any news on the 1.2 - 110/130 full auto yet ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nothing yet, but Peugeot have updated the briefing for the 208 for the 4th quarter (no mention of the 110 or 130 engines) but not the 2008 yet so I'm hoping (eternal optimist...) that this will be released in the next month or so with the new engines referenced.

Read a few reports of the Puretch 110 on the Citroen C4 Cactus and the engine sounds a peach!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts