Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone tried out the new 130HP engine with manual transmission and if so is it good? I am thinking of buying a new 2008 next year but will only do so if it performs better than my current one, which is very good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had mine (Emerald Crystal Urban Cross) for almost 2 months and I'm VERY happy with it. The engine is very responsive throughout the rev range. It is also very quiet, even at speed. The gearbox was a bit notchy at first but seems to be improving (or is it me?).
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">I would definitely recommend this engine.
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">Cheers,

/Ben

·
Registered
540 Posts
The Urban Cross is the 110bhp version with a 5-speed box rather than the 6-speed in the 130bhp versions. Not driven the Puretech 130 yet but it's performance looks superb.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got the Pure Tech 110HP with manual transmission and I am really pleased with the performance, far better than I expected.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Over here in France, the Urban Cross is available with a wider choice of engines, including the Puretech 130 w/ 6-speed manual 'box.

Cheers,

/Ben

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ben-the-Frog said:
Over here in France, the Urban Cross is available with a wider choice of engines, including the Puretech 130 w/ 6-speed manual 'box.

Cheers,

/Ben
Apologies, didn't realise you are in France

·
Registered
91 Posts
I couldn't wait for the 130 Pure Tech 6A so bought an e-HDI 5M instead.
I think I made a mistake by not waiting as, if the newer 2008 has the same steering as our new 308 130/6A I'd be a lot happier.
The steering on our 2008 Outdoor feels too wooden at speed and apparently there is nothing I can do to lighten it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I love mine, much better fuel efficiency than I expected. I have no regrets about buying this engine.... it is great to drive.Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
91 Posts
KateinNotts said:
I love mine, much better fuel efficiency than I expected. I have no regrets about buying this engine.... it is great to drive.
So it's a 2008 with the Pure Tech 130hp triple, I take it?.
Out 308 has it and I agree - love it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got the 110hp triple Pure Tech and it's soeasy and responsive to drive. It amazes me it's only a 1.2. This car wasn't even in the running when I was looking to get a new car. It was either going to be a Clio, Polo or Capture. Been driving Peugeots for years and fancied a change. Then got intoa 2008at a Citroen/Peugeot dealer when I was looking at a DS3 and I was impressed. Not looked back since.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I too can't quite believe that this puny 1.2 triple can do with half the revs what an average 2.4 does and being lighter, similar power to weight.

·
Registered
540 Posts
One word - turbo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello there,
You might be interested in this document, from the PSA web site. It contains a few bits of technical information, including the torque curve of the engine (flat between 1,750 and 3,000rpm!).

Edited by: Ben-the-Frog

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ben-the-Frog said:
Hello there,
You might be interested in this document, from the PSA web site. It contains a few bits of technical information, including the torque curve of the engine (flat between 1,750 and 3,000rpm!).

Interesting, thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good stuff.
I'd like to know more about the 'diamond' application to some bearing surfaces.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts