Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the radio always come on when the car starts up ? I might be slow here, but is the radio supposed to come on every time the engine is switched on ?. It really is annoying. apart from that the car is great, swapping my crap RCZ for the 2008 was the best thing I have done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi tduck, welcome to the gang! I have yet to get my 2008, due this week hopefully! From other threads in the forum I gather that the radio does indeed come on every time you start the engine, however Peugeot are allegedly in the process of preparing a software update to address this issue.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yes, but there is an update coming out soon to change this.

It will also update the SatNav so that we can use post codes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any idea when this will be released Al. Hoping mine will be done at the factory.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Well it was supposed to be around the end of September but I was then told it had been delayed.

I'll see if I can get any more news.

Al.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks buddy.Something to add to the list for the garage on PDI. That,ll be next year

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just checked but the head honcho in the Service dept is on holiday until next Monday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
allan40alt said:
Just checked but the head honcho in the Service dept is on holiday until next Monday.
Any news yet on this update Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Aha, yes; I've just sent him an email reminder.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Technician only returned today and has checked but has no updated information regarding the on/off and post codes situation.

<strike>One of the members reported taking delivery recently and said the radio 'off' had been done.</strike>
<strike>
</strike>
<strike>I reported this and I've been asked whether it was a UK member who had this.</strike>
<strike>
</strike>
<strike>I've searched but I can't now find who advised this so I would appreciate the member who posted that letting me know.</strike>

Thank you.

Al.

PS: Found it using the 'search' facility.

Holden from Halifax posted:

HI. I just took my 2008 back last weekend to have a update done for the media ( radio,music, iPod) so that it does not come on when you turn the car on only when you want to, it is not really a on off as such but the pause will stay pause until you un pause it hope this help, still waiting for updates for sat nav.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just had a further message from 'my man' after I sent him a copy of the post.

This is what he replied:

Hi Allan,

I don't think he has had any update done. As soon as here
anyrhink will give you a call.

Thanks

I think the modification done to holden's 2008 is not the correct update and may just have been an 'interim' fix by his local dealer.

As soon as I receive further news I will let you know.

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Al. Hope something comes out soon before my car is delivered.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any help - took delivery of my 1.2 vti on 16/11/13 and the radio does not come on with the ignition so if the 1.6 is the same as the 1.2 you should be OK. Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
FYI mine was built only 4 weeks ago and has not got the update yet. Also the dealer didn't know anything of this so called update or the problem, great that they are on the ball!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The sales guy who did my handover said they had been told it was February or March. I didn't have to prompt him. He was trying to enter my address and was having difficulties. That is when he said it'll be better after the update to full postcodes in Feb or March.

So a while to wait yet sadly. Lets the car down at the moment. It is it's only bad point IMO.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A friend of mine has just bought a new Ford Focus and the Navtec based sat nav has full postcode lookup, so it's difficult to understand why we haven't.Maybe Navtec had some old units from the 1990s to get shot of cheap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm glad I didn't pay extra to have the sat nav, it is so useless and akin to the very early sat navs of the 90's. Indeed I tried to look up an address in my nearest town today and it still thinks it is in the county of Gwynedd, which was the old local authority which changed in 1996! Think I will stick to my Garmin rather than faff about with this old fashioned piece of kit!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts