Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 reg 2008 radio is dead will not re-boot Swansway Chester have been on the problem for 3 weeks no joy just keep saying waiting for the part to upgrade everytime I ring they say someone will ring me still waiting Peugeot UK the same someone will contact me nothing Ah well just have to keep singing to the wife

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio problems.

It was probably one of those days when the French Electrician was back late from his usually long lunch, it's probably missing a valve or the odd transistor or two. I don't know how old you are but if you remember the old crystal sets that we made at school, for those not old enough to remember, school it was a place you went to, to learn about things. Mind you I went to school and learnt nowt.

If that's you, then if you Google "Crystal set" you'll see what I mean.

Anyway I digress, a crystal set is probably on par with the French Radio's so your singing to the wife will be better ......well possibly not but you know what I mean.

I hope they sort it out without too much grief. Just re-reading your thread, how do they upgrade a radio, why didn't they just make it right first time, were they trying to sell you a cheaper version and now they have to put the right one in!!!!

Oh of course, French Electrician, he went to the pub and was late back, thats the part you're waiting for.

Keep us updated on progress I'm intrigued by this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard from Peugeot UK today they told me it will be another 2weeks before the upgrade part can be delivered that will make 7 weeks it's just a bloody good job they are not incharge or anything imprtant looks like a VOLVO next

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Dave,

That's pitiful, it's not even good rubbish!!!

Why can't they just take the thing out and replace it. And if they say it's not that easy, it must be, a French Electrician put it in. Did I ever tell you I hate French Electrics.

Dave, you want a medal, I would be in the dealers every day by now, asking for an update from the manager. And I would make it clear while there are people around, that this is the after service you get when you buy a Peugeot.

We fly monkeys to the moon and back, and they cannot fix a radio.

Fills me with joy knowing that I've just bought one and before it leaves the dealers this Friday I might not make the 21 mile trip home before I have to call out the AA/RAC. It won't be Peugeot Breakdown will it, they'll be too busy towing all the others in.

Heh, sorry for ranting on your thread but ...I work with clients, customers everyday and customer service is everything. If we don't give them the service they deserve, then they'll go elsewhere, and my missus will throw my bags out on the street with me because I'll be out of work due to NO CUSTOMERS.

All the best with that mate.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Once upon a time a car could be fitted with a radio. It either bolted under the parcel shelf or if you were really posh it could be fitted in a slot in the dash. Some of these radios could also play cassettes, tapes or latterly cd discs but some nasty young lads used to break the windows and liberate the radios and sell them down the pub to their mates. Then the car makers said "We have all the circuitry (ie crystals) that we need to separate the components of the radio so that there is not a unit to steal". A great idea until a part of the circuitry or the controlling ECU has a hissy fit. Then no one including the manufacturers can mend it so they have to fit new parts. (If they can identify which ones have gone wrong). A tleast they have admitted that the radio doesn't work and have not said that its your fault for going deaf, or your imagination,and that the computer says that there is no fault.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice one Alan, I couldn't agree more.

I'd almost welcome them smashing the window and nicking the radio at least I would have had some pleasure from it for a while.

Dave, you're probably right it's payback time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Most of the times the problem is with the dealers not doing their job right. My advice Dave is that you send a message with your complaint directly to central. All of the dealers I cooperated with were good professoinals and they fixed things immediately, but 2 people that I know that their dealers took their time to do their job followed this advice and central made things right.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's a great piece of info there Mike.

Worth bearing in mind if the need should arrive.

well done and thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
So , you have contacted them personally and they didn't help? If this is the case try to contact Peugeot France. The parent company is usually more sensitive about their name than national dealers. After all, the company behind Peugeot UK may have other manufactorers they work with or maybe, like in other countries, they swap from one manufacturer to the other. They are just passing by while Peugeot France is there for good.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is a disgrace the way your being treated, as skipper says go straight to Peugeot head office and complain

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well where do I start Peugeot UK rang me today to now tell me it will be mid Aug when they can get a new radio unit. Told them it was a good job they are not in charge of anything inportant.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Simple job to remove one from car in stock and have a satisfied customers but that be to much trouble

1 - 16 of 16 Posts