Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed that occasionally when entering their 2008 before switching on the vehicle the radio would be playing at a ****VERY**** low volume. Think of it as ambiance music.

Does this ever happen to you and have you figured out the combination that sets it going?

Alan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there

I have also noticed this 3 times and I did not know what was the reason!!! I did not leave anything open when leaving the car the day before and I wondered if this worked all night long what would be the side-effect on the battery. Still not a clue how this is happening - anyone ideas?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Leaving anything on will not discharge the battery as the vehicle goes into economy mode soon and the radio goes off.(Just try listening to it while parked!) but my radio does have a mind of its own. It frequently goes uncommanded from the radio to the music player . Very annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All.I´m a 2008 user in Spain where we have another forum (www.club2008.com)
Bassically, what we did is to update the touchscreen firmware.
Some ownershave gone to the dealer to do it, some have done it on themselves. Since I did it, two weeks ago, I haven´t heard that "misterious sound". Let´s see!
Hope this solve the problem.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I had mine updated and it's been ok for a while......until yesterday; when I started the engine the radio came on like before at normal volume. Only happened on two occasions but was ok afterwards when I started up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
calle74 said:
Hi All.I´m a 2008 user in Spain where we have another forum (www.club2008.com)
Bassically, what we did is to update the touchscreen firmware.
Some ownershave gone to the dealer to do it, some have done it on themselves. Since I did it, two weeks ago, I haven´t heard that "misterious sound". Let´s see!
Hope this solve the problem.

What version is your firmware?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now is SMEG 3.20. Was updated from 3.17

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
calle74 said:
Now is SMEG 3.20. Was updated from 3.17

Does anyone know from where I can download this please and specific instructions to update it. Maybe it sorted out the problem with truncating MP3 files.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at www.club2008.com. Topic "La radio suena estando apagada". It´s in Spanish but could be helpful.Also be advice that the software and instructions aremade for peugeot 2008 sold in Spain. I ignore if it´s valid for other countries´versions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I too have experienced this mysterious low volume radio noise when I open the car doorand haven't even put the key in the ignition. It doesn't happen every time - I've had my car about 6 months now and have only heard this maybe 4 or5 times(the car is used virtually every day). I usually have the music on my flash drive/USB playing (ie. rarely listen to the radio anymore!) so the last time I heard the 'quiet radio' when I opened the car, I started the car and changed the media player to the radio ... but it wasn't even the same radio station playing that I was tuned into!?! So I'm sorry, Alan (chribonn) but I don't have any answers to this either

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
calle74 said:
Look at <a href="http://www.club2008.com" rel="nofollow">www.club2008.com</a>. Topic "La radio suena estando apagada". It´s in Spanish but could be helpful.Also be advice that the software and instructions are made for peugeot 2008 sold in Spain. I ignore if it´s valid for other countries´versions.

Just updated. All went well. I'll report back on whether this solved the underscore bug in a few weeks.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately, It still happens!
his morninga radio station sound in the sistem before ignition.If I have time, I´ll go to the dealer to try to solve it.
I hope that the update is positive anyway!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
calle74 said:
If I have time, I´ll go to the dealer to try to solve it.
I hope that the update is positive anyway!

Does it bother you that much. Actually I kinda like it. For me its a feature :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Noticed the same thing.

With SMEG updated to 3.20 (almost the first thing I've done after getting the car, right after installing Alert Zones), I've heard the radio playing barely audibly during the night at the camping, when I open it to get something left inside.

It was night, so it was pretty quiet there, probably wouldn't noticed it otherwise in normal city noise.

Going to tell it to my dealer, somehow don't believe though they are going to do anything about it, considering the system already is in its newest version.

Should I consider it to be a feature then? ;)Edited by: maciejz

·
Registered
72 Posts
i use me ipod but yet have heard the ghost radio, I think it comes on quiet when you unlock the car, so by the time you open the door and get in you hear it. Got to book mine in for an update, but if someone can point me to a file to download and some basic instructions I'm very tech savy so will figure it out from there. Mine is also smeg firmware

·
Registered
61 Posts
tontinuk said:
but if someone can point me to a file to download and some basic instructions I'm very tech savy so will figure it out from there
I've downloaded it from links in this post - though you can also find it (and more, including some tutorial, which I haven't checked out) on mega (link from the French forum).

Installation is very easy - you put the whole SMEG_UPG directory on FAT32-formatted USB key, turn on the engine (it's advised so the car doesn't go into eco mode and switch off everything), plug the key in and follow the instructions. For me the whole upgrade process took some 10, maybe 15 minutes.

But then again, even though I have the most recent version, I still heard the radio playing. Guess we need another update then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts