Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I have a 2014 1.6 Allure 2008 with a weird problem: when you turn the car off (as in remove the key and lock it) the radio starts to play. It is very soft and it sounds like it is coming from a speaker that is by the touchscreen itself and not the main system. This happens sometimes and also if I wasn't even on the radio before getting out. So I could be listening to the a USB track and then it will switch itself to radio and 'wing-itself-to-sleep'.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

A

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi jimmorbid

I used to have the same issues, it happened every time I was in a phone call an turned off the car.
After turning off, the call would still be available on the car's bluetooth, and just after ending it, I started do listen the radio, very softly for a while.

After updating the firmware that problem went way.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had same thing in 208, sure dealer thought l was hearing things but as stated above a firmware update solved it

·
Registered
16 Posts
jimmorbid said:
Any idea what firmware version you received to fix this?

http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/what-does-the-latest-firmware-upgrade-fix_topic755_post11816.html#11816

I installed 3.21 (extracted from a 208) by myself, but, it was at my own risk :p

·
Registered
398 Posts
You can go to dealer, will update it for free in this case.Also if you are very courageous, you can find the updates on internet, just follow the instructions...as the update will start only after the version is checked, is hard to crack the SMEG at upgrade... :)
Still, the 3.17 had no such problems at my car...check to see your SMEG version too...if is 3.xx, you can upgrade up to 3.21.
Some 3.21 users reported that on screen does not appear 2008 anymore, but a 208 in picture, when you reverse...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts