Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. After almost 1 and a half year of ownership, I've encountered a problem with my car.
I hear a weird rattle and vibrating noise coming from the front right hand door. I assumed it's the JBL tweeter which was a option I specified for when I bought the car. It's a weird vibration and noise which is, as you can see, really tough for me to describe. The best way to describe it is that it's rattling when I play my music at any given volume ( from 2- 10 is particulary hearable). It's like the speaker itself is pressing the plastic which is vibrating. I bought myself some deadening foam in my local shop to try to stop the rattle, but it seems that I only stoped it for a couple of days. Every bigger bump or pothole I hit ( and I try not to hit them at all) the vibration restores. And it's quite frustrating, since the optional JBL HI-FI speakers are really really good. And the problem is just on the right door.

If anyone had a similar problem,regardless of the spec,and with or without aftermarket tweeters please let me know :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to make it clear, the whole JBL HI FI was an option, not the JBL tweeter :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The JBL option isn't available in the UK, sadly. So we will have to rely on one of our members from outside the UK to respond.

You may be more likely to get a response from the 208 owners club forum. There is ab lot more posters there and I think the JBL option is available on the 208 and could be similar.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then I'll have to join the 208 forum to ask the question :)

Anyway, If anyone had a similar problem, as stated earlier, let me know. And thanks!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Check if they fixed the JBL using rubber garnishment...some uses only metal one, that send the vibration in any cable that is notfirmly attached by the door.
We had an issue like this, the cable that followed the opening of the door (electrical command line) was vibrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts