#1 ·
hi can anyone help

I have recently noticed a rumble/rattle on my passengerside
front of the car.
I took it to a tyre dealer who told me he could not find anyproblem tho
he said he could hear the problem.
it happens at low speed, I have not hit any potholes as the tyre bloke
said the tracking etc was spot on, nothing loose underneath either
It is intermitant, strangely on more audible on certain surfaces of road.

it is a Peugeot 2008reg km64zyr

cheers

#3 ·
Ive had the same problem, took my car to an independant garage, they couldn't diagnose the problem, took it to peugeot for diagnostics (£75) they confirmed its both front shocks that have failed, my car has only done 26000 miles and is out of warranty, they quoted me £680, i am absolutely fuming that this part is regularly failing prematurely on 2008’s and peugeot are trying to charge us for replacement of a sub standard part, i have phoned the complaints department and explained my case and logged a claim with them to get this sorted, ideally i want a free replacement especially die to the very low milage of the car and the fact they have now changed the part number, there seems to be a lot of cars with this issue, i have has a lot of cars over the years and never heard of shocks failing so early, peugeot something needs to be done with build quality issues like this!!, let me know id anyone else is having this problem, phil

#4 ·
Phil, as i said on another thread the chocks on my 2016 facelifted 2008 are Bilsteins, I checked on EuroCarParts and at the time a pair were £123 delivered, my local mobile mechanic would fit for £30 a side. So that's £400 cheaper than your dealer quote.

In all honesty am surprised that people still take their car to a main dealer for mechanical work when it's outside of warranty. :(

You probably know that you'll need your alignment done after the shocks are fitted, please don't take that to the $tealer and instead use this site to find someone local to you

alignmycar.co.uk

#6 ·
19 days on what's happening? Typically if it's shocks they'll not be covered unless you have a warranty that includes 'wear and tear'

#9 ·
As far as I can tell, the front springs/shocks on the 2008 are no harder to change than any other car.
If you've done the job before you shouldn't have too much trouble,
I believe there are 2 diffent diameters of shocks.

#12 ·
First lowered Peugeot 2008 from what I have seen no one does anything with these cars which I think is a shame the handling is 20 times better now it has been lowered by 5cm it’s comes into its own plus I have noticed fuel economy has gone up also plus acceleration is much more instant any one has any questions about lowering there 2008 don’t hesitate to ask honestly now I have done it ide never have it any over way massive improvements in drive and handling

#14 ·
hi can anyone help

I have recently noticed a rumble/rattle on my passengerside
front of the car.
I took it to a tyre dealer who told me he could not find anyproblem tho
he said he could hear the problem.
it happens at low speed, I have not hit any potholes as the tyre bloke
said the tracking etc was spot on, nothing loose underneath either
It is intermitant, strangely on more audible on certain surfaces of road.

it is a Peugeot 2008reg km64zyr

cheers
Good morning ,Dave
Had exactly the same problem on a similar aged HDI2008. Your comment about it being intermittent and being more audible on certain surfaces was exactly my experience .Turned out it was a new shock and top mount required .This fault is well documented here ,could also be drop links. I did change my links because of a similar fault I had on a previous car .but when I got them off they were obviously not the problem . Mine was more off a very annoying rattle , completely spoilt my driving experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.