Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum :). I've looked at lots of posts about USB/ music related issues, but am not sure they hold the answer for the problem I have... Got my Peugeot 208 2 weeks ago. I still like to use CDs so was a bit concerned about the lack of a CD player, and hoped it would all be OK. I transferred music from CDs to PC then to USB. All are MP3 files. The car recognised the first folder right away and played, but even though there are two folders (the first is MJ classicsand the second is full of a collection of random Now albums!), it will only recognise the first. I can't get it to recognise the second one, and have tried many options. The files are def all the same format, and were all transferred the same way. They come up on my PC and in my friend's car USB port (a Corsa, not a Peugeot). Any advice would be great - thanks :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is clutching at straws really, but try putting all the music in a flat folder structure. I.e. all tracks in individual folders for each album, and no other folders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The more folders you have the longer it takes to read at first. On my PC, music is arranged folder under folder, artist/album/cd1 or 2etc. Had to change them to single folder per artist. Mine can take 10-15 mins after making changes to the USB because of the amount of music. I rarely remove the USB however so that's rarely a problem. I have a 32gb tiny USB that barely stick out from the console.

·
Registered
398 Posts
1. Use maximum 8 characters at each folder name2. Is formatted FAT 32? good...if is Fat16, format it... (save the content first)
3. In each folder, put a small picture with the artist or band...will display it instead of that yellow folder image on screen...is nice.
4. No extra long names for mp3 file name.
5. No strange characters for mp3 file name like ^&%#@.
6. Use a different mp3 converter if you tried all from 1-5 and is still not working. Some MP3 rippers does not work as good as others. (Nero...FreeRip...Winamp with add-on...and so on)

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts