Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Australian Peugeot 2008's all have a reversing camera as standard fitting in the rear view mirror if the reviews are to be believed... seems like a great idea... could we get one to be fitted tp UK models if we petition Peugeot do you think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, all three of the Australian models of the 2008 have the reversing camera in the rear vision mirror. Interestingly they are fitted/setup/enabled by the Peugeot dealers here - they don't appear to come off the boat with them already installed/working - some "connecting up" is required. Edited by: rbos

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rbos
Just wondered if you had by any chance seen one of these.
Is that another viewing screen component within the interior mirror and the camera itself somewhere in the rear of the car...would be interested to know where... and do you perhaps know who makes the Australian camera system please ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The screen is built into the central rear view mirror. It's about 4 to 5cm diagnal at the far left of the mirror. You can't see it when the camera is off. The camera itself sits just under the handle/grip of the tailgate. I presume it's made by Peugeot.

The overall effect is quite good. Our current car has the rear camera image on the central dashboard display - I'm always jumping between the mirror and the image. With the Peugeot you can see both views at the same time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you rbos, that seems like the most worthwhile system for 2008's to have over here too.

and Alan thanks for looking into some alternative options for this, ... certainly got me wondering about that wireless option with the numberplate camera fitting - great for a more convenient and simple installation no doubt, but perhaps just a little too obvious and so more vulnerable to being vandalized do you think?
As for all those extras.. who steers the car when I'm using the e-reader then !

If only one was made incorporating a decent reversing lamp.......

Seriously though - if you have installed / used a mirror camera system please let us know if its as useful as it seems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just fitted such a device to my 2008. I to was concerned about camera beingvandalized and
drilling holes in my new 2008 for the camera, so opted to fit a hang camera inside at top of rear hatch. Surprised how good video is.

Where as fitting a wireless camera system would be a lot easier, they can tend to pick up a pulse which causes interference on screen. A hard wired camera to monitor, with good earths, ensure a crisp interference free video image.

I have uploaded a short video of system in operation and will put a better video and some shots of installation in the next few days.

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/30baQdlOQH8[/TUBE]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many thanks for posting.

I am also planning to install a replacement rear view smart mirror with inbuilt forward facing dashcam, reversing camera and GPS navigation, hard wired also for parking monitoring, so I would be very keen to see your installation photos/video.

From your
video of the system in operation it isn't clear if this is a "clip on" screen or a full replacement mirror.

My first challenge is how to remove the OEM mirror? Did you do this?

Next step is to run the cable around the frame to the fuse box and also to the rear of the car so I'd love to see how you managed it.

Thanks

Marsim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts