Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the few things I'm not sure about is the rear parcel shelf, or should I say load cover.
It doesn't seem too user friendly with the silly little flap.
There's a company: direct4x4.co.uk who sell roller versions to replace the original. They look very good and the feedback from guys in the Tiguan Forum is excellent.
I've emailed them to see if they can get one for the 2008. If a few contact them, they may source one for 2008.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Sounds like a plan!

Look forward to more info.

Al.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys. I have just received an email from 4x4 direct who say they'll look into it and let me know if and when they get them in. So let's create a demand!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Interesting.

The existing one is a bit crap isn't it?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A bit of an understatement. However it's about the only thing I don't like the look of. Let's hope 4x4 Direct do get some in. Mind I'll have to delay it a bit after buying the Allure for SWMBO and then adding a few extras. The Pug fitting time for front sensors is 0.00 !! So those will have to wait as well. One other minor detail, I suppose, is we haven't taken delivery yet!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be interested in a retractable load cover.......prices on the 4x4 website look like £75-100?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Geoffh said:
One of the few things I'm not sure about is the rear parcel shelf, or should I say load cover.

I can't agree with you more. It really hampers what could clearly be a massive boot.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm forever getting into the car, then looking in the mirror to find I have left the parcel shelf up.

I though that the ability to be able to open the shelf from the rear seat was a good idea but I am not convinced it's all that useful to be honest.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ah yes when I first got the car I was always leaving the rear shelf up too, then you have to open the boot door to close the shelf.

But I have got used to the folding shelf and find it quite good. Just flip it up to put goods in then flip it down
I had a retractable load cover on a 307sw and it was more fiddly (needed two hands) and eventually one of the arms broke so it would not stay covered.
The low tech approach of the folding parcel shelf should last longer.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
One thingin the current hard shelf's favour is that you can access the boot from inside the car as there is a recessed lifting point just behind the centre headrest.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mmm access from inside the car is good. I didn't realise. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've just found this discussion - like many others I'm fed up with getting into the car, putting my seat belt on, looking in the mirror and realising that I've left the shelf up. My last car (a Renault) had a retractable cover which was incredibly useful.

Has anybody heard any more about possible solutions please? I would order a retractable cover tomorrow if somebody sold a suitable one.....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Geoffh said:
Mmm access from inside the car is good. I didn't realise. Thanks for the info.
I just think this is a neat gimmick, but is not actually useful.I can't imagine many opportunities to use it to fish stuff out of the boot while on the move, especially if what you need is on the boot floor.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It is a complete waste of time in my opinion. A roller cover would be the sensible option.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree. When I was first reading about the car it seemed that it was a good idea, being able to access the boot from inside, but it turns out that it's the feature that I hate the most. Peugeot should change it in future versions. If anyone has found an aftermarket product to replace it, please share the info...

·
Registered
398 Posts
My opinion is that a fully automatic sunscreen would be nicer...It is killing me to hold the button a lot in order to open or close the top sunscreen... Bleah...As for the shelf...I use the boot like once at 3-4 days...and now is a reflex to get the cover down...

·
Registered
12 Posts
What an incredibly stupid design!! - my old 207, 208 (and every other hatchback I have ever had) had a cord (or two) to lift the parcel shelf when you open the boot.

I eventually fitted a length of "knicker elastic" from the rubber "bumper" on the boot lid down to a metal clip slid onto the edge of the parcel shelf bit that hinges up. Not very elegant, but works well and is out of sight with the boot closed. Peugeot need to re-think the design of this.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Peter any chance of a picture as to how it looks?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts