Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to use the heated rear screen demister for the first time last week. After 3 miles of driving it had cleared directly adjacent to each line but not fully (I had a striped rear windscreen). Eventually I put the front blower on full and it slowly cleared. The same function in my previous cars has cleared the rear screen fully within a few minutes.

I intend to get the dealership to have a look at it but has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yep,

Madam said the same it, clears eventually, but its not the best thing in the world. I think its just the design Kate.

We had a bout of frost this week on the moors and again it started off slow with just enough cleared to see thro but after about 8 miles 15 mins had fully cleared.

Now don't start me off about French Electrics Kate

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tone, you've saved me a trip to the dealership. I wasn't sure how they would have tested it anyway - it obviously does work to some degree, just not as well as expected.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try cleaning the inside of the rear screen. A thin layer of dirtwill help moisture to gather, keeping the glass clean will reduce moisture/frost thickness andhelp demist much faster.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello Kate. It's ME again !!! :))))Try to use first time a spray-solution for demist...will see a big difference...why? even if the blower looks like is demisting the glass, it remains a very thin layer of dirt and some oil...also when you breathe in the car, if is very cold, the mist will be harder to be removed, even with maximum air set ON.
After you wash the inside glass with the demist/defog lotion, clean it with soft paper towels WITHOUT touching it by hand/skin...
The next day apply again...
After this, you will have about 2-3 weeks the windows clean inside...

One more trick: start the engine and the demist without you in the car for 2 minutes...will prevent themoisturefrom breath to get on glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts