Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the rear washers fail? It started as a dribble from the jet then nothing!
I took the car to the dealer who said it was probably a kinked pipe and they would need to remove the head lining to check!

Thought this was a bit drastic so did some checks myself. The pipe feeding the rear washers is kink proof much the same as a washing machine waste so I ruled that out.

Then tried the washers when the car was covered in frost - hey presto like magic a few seconds later I have water out of the jet.

I am taking the car back to the dealer and insisting they replace the non return valve.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Could be a dirty jet or frozen jet or frozen washer pump/bottle.

Have you added windscreen washer anti-freeze to the system?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Alan it has been like it for a couple of months, was going to wait for a service interval but got fed up waiting so took it to a dealer.

The tech said he had checked and came up with a kinked pipe.

Having an engineering background decided to try it when it was frostie because I thought that if it was a stuck non return valve and the rear part of the washers has a non return valve to stop the pipe emptying, when it was cold 0deg maybe the valve may shrink which I think it did which freed it up. The water doesn't come out as fast as it did and I have to wait 10 seconds or so for it to work but it does still produce water hence me thinking it is the non return valve in the pump. The pump is the same unit for back and front washers the motor just reverses. I just don't want the head lining taken out unnecessarily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts