Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We only received 1 remote central locking key and a plain 1.

Does anyone know where I may be able to get another remote central locking key for the 2008. We were quoted roughly £180
so I am hoping you guys can help me find somewhere cheaper to buy this key.

Thanks in advance
Jinxx

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Really?

Does your Allure come with the Alarm? I think only the Feline has the alarm as standard. I would expect two remote keys, particularly if the car has the alarm.

The only time I've ever bought a new remote key, I went to the dealer unfortunately, but in those days the key fobs were about £60

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
All models are listed with Deadlocking and a Thatcham approved category 2 immobiliser but the Feline has the addition of an Ultrasonic alarm.

I haven't tested mine yet but I thought they all had an alarm it's just that the Feline is ultrasonic.

I definitely get a little red LED flashing that is visible through the side windows.

Spare keys are expensive, very expensive. They have to be programmed to match with your cars unique code.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have an alarm on my car just immobiliser i think

These are the two tickets I have, i want another one that has the arrow pointing at it.

I hope that helps you guys to help me as you can see what i mean, thanks

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The only difference I can see is that the main key locks/unlocks remotely and switches the lights on.

If there was anything special on the main key then there's not much point in having the small one.

I'm still a bit puzzled by it though?

Go and sit in your car and get hubby to lock it from the outside and open a door after the red LED starts flashing in the front.

I've just had a read of the 'Key' instructions and it says the main key has an electronic chip.

So what's the spare key for then? I can't see any space for a battery or chip?

Maybe the small key is just to gain access to the car but it doesn't allow the engine to be started?

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what i want Al, a key that locks and unlocks remotely.

So is that expensive expensive too?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi jinxx, I've just added a PS to my previous post:

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I've just had a read of the 'Key' instructions and it says the main key has an electronic chip.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">So what's the spare key for then? I can't see any space for a battery or chip?

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Maybe the small key is just to gain access to the car but it doesn't allow the engine to be started?

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I think I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow as with only one key then if it's mislaid, or hubby's got it in his pocket, it could cause a problem.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Seems like we may have to buy a spare 'remote' and pay Peugeot's extortionate price!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please do and let me know. thank you Al

£180 is a lot though

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just had a look at the hand book and it mentions that the Exterior Perimeter Alarm is activated 5 seconds after locking the doors and the Interior Volumetric** alarm after 45 seconds.

**(According to model).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I imagine that the spare key still has a chip. The chip will be an RFID passive device that doesn't need a battery.

I reckon it's just a bit tight not supplying two fully functional keys myself. (That said for all the cars we have had we only ever use one of the keys the other is permanently consigned to the drawer so I guess it makes sense).

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
burty said:
I imagine that the spare key still has a chip. The chip will be an RFID passive device that doesn't need a battery.

I reckon it's just a bit tight not supplying two fully functional keys myself. (That said for all the cars we have had we only ever use one of the keys the other is permanently consigned to the drawer so I guess it makes sense).

Ah yes.

Thanks burty.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Our last car only had one key very annoying as we both drive usually separately, so we decided we would carry our own key.

And when my husband saw the keys, he got dibs on the remote locking key
dammit!!

I suppose i could just pinch it (lol)

·
Registered
144 Posts
when we ordered we asked about a key as we also need twothe dealer said we would get two remote locking keys
he may regret saying that
all we need now is the car

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope you do get 2, a gesture of goodwill after he has in essence made a promise to you.

Let us know how you get on once the car arrives

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've just tested the small key and it works fine.

Locks/Unlocks and starts the car.

The only thing it doesn't have is the 'remote' facilities.

Locking the car also sets the perimeter alarm.

Al.

PS:...and, of course, it doesn't flip!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
My dealer has just advised me that the price ordered from Peugeot is £150 - £200 but if you have the key codes (should be on a plastic card given at handover) then they can cut the key and programme it for £136 inc VAT.

Handy to know just in case the original remote key goes awol......but make sure you keep that plastic card with the code!

Al.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

I do appreciate that this is quite an old thread, but unfortunately I am in a similar position.

Although I have only had my 2008 Active 1.2 for about 6 months the spare key has somehow 'gone missing'.

For many years now we have have always kept them in the same drawer, but sadly that one is nowhere to be found.

Presumably there is no cheaper option, other than going back to my dealer, for a replacement?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wasn't happy getting only one remote key either. A friend has just paid £43,000 for a Peugeot based camper and he only got one key as well.
I think it's the only manufacturer who does this.
Anyway we need to look after the one remote we have, so it might be worth trying one of the gel covers which will not only protect it if you drop it, it stops the house key rattling against the remote!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-QUALITY-SILICONE-3-BUTTON-KEY-FOB-PROTECTOR-CASE-PEUGEOT-208-508-2013-2014/221721857524?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=29666&meid=9d277fe49feb42aab617dcf03574658b&pid=100033&rk=1&rkt=3&sd=221721857524

I bought one from Amazon for my Yeti and found another big plus... It makes it less likely for the little silver button to be pressed accidentally in your pocket so the key blade won't "prog" you in the leg!

I'm going to get one for the 2008 from ebay as Amazon don't appear to do one the correct shape for the new remote.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My last car was a 3008 and I had 2 identical remote keys supplied with that. just as well really as after 2 years the first one started playing up occasionally. I hope the 2008 one lasts better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts