Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had an issue twice since purchasing a new 2008 allure. The reverse camera does not appear at all when in reverse and instead the screen shows only the parking sensor mode. I sent it to the main dealer and even they could not find anything wrong. Has anyone else got this problem?

·
Registered
65 Posts
does it have a tow bar, and has the correct electrical connector been used? Mine has a tow bar fitted and when the trailer is connected, the camera disengages. It restarts perfectly when the trailer and trailer plug are removed.

maybe It’s possible that the car “thinks” that a trailer is attached. It would,be a wiring issue with the rear lights, in that case. Maybe a possibility?

QUOTE="jasman0810, post: 27659, member: 5932"]
Hello,

I had an issue twice since purchasing a new 2008 allure. The reverse camera does not appear at all when in reverse and instead the screen shows only the parking sensor mode. I sent it to the main dealer and even they could not find anything wrong. Has anyone else got this problem?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it have a tow bar, and has the correct electrical connector been used? Mine has a tow bar fitted and when the trailer is connected, the camera disengages. It restarts perfectly when the trailer and trailer plug are removed.

maybe It’s possible that the car “thinks” that a trailer is attached. It would,be a wiring issue with the rear lights, in that case. Maybe a possibility?
Thanks but unfortunately I don't have a tow bar.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What I’m implying is that perhaps there is a wiring issue with the taillights - because that’s where the car “senses” that a trailer is attached, because electrical signals are different. If there is some kind of wiring fault with the taillights, it may produce the same effect - even if you don’t have a trailer.

Thanks but unfortunately I don't have a tow bar. View attachment 673

·
Registered
363 Posts
It could be a number of thing, wiring fault or programming glitch,
untill the dealer can actually re-create the fault their diagnostics will only say no fault found.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Have you figured out the problem?
I have the same problem with my peugeot 2008 premium
Every time my wife is using the reverse gear after the car was standing outside in a hot sunny day, only the backup sensors work, the backup camera doesn't appear. Later that day - the camera works just fine, as if the problem never happened...
It happened to us 3-4 times
Every time it was on a hot sunny day
I would really appreciate a solution...

If anyone knows how to open the back door and check that all the wires are firmly attached I would appreciate that
I suspect that a wire is attached loosely, and in a hot weather it expands and get loose until there is no signal...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Have you figured out the problem?
I have the same problem with my peugeot 2008 premium
Every time my wife is using the reverse gear after the car was standing outside in a hot sunny day, only the backup sensors work, the backup camera doesn't appear. Later that day - the camera works just fine, as if the problem never happened...
It happened to us 3-4 times
Every time it was on a hot sunny day
I would really appreciate a solution...

If anyone knows how to open the back door and check that all the wires are firmly attached I would appreciate that
I suspect that a wire is attached loosely, and in a hot weather it expands and get loose until there is no signal...
Hello,
They replaced the reverse camera and wirings under warranty from the main dealer about a month ago.
I have not (yet) had the issue again.
It is a vehicle full of bugs though. There is a recurrent huge pop sound with the sensor/speaker when switching from reverse to drive.
The automatic gear shifting is not smooth at all specially during downshifting. It is annoying due to the constant hiccup feel.
I'll be getting rid of that vehicle as soon as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts