Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 1.2 Puretech 130 bhp 2021
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently bought a brand new 2008 Puretech 1.2 130 BHP manual. My driveway is on an incline (not excessive) away from the house and when reversing the car makes a real racket, dull pulsing sound, feels like there’s not enough power to pull the car off. On one occasion when reversing, it lost power and rolled forward - not good and pretty scary!!

Peugeot dealer tested on a similar incline at their dealership and agreed it’s not right and shouldn’t sound like that. Unable to find the cause though so escalated to Peugeot who say it’s a ‘characteristic’ of the car!! No other car has ‘performed’ or ‘not performed’ like that in the 18 years I’ve been using the drive!

Pretty disappointed in it really. Anyone else experienced similar?

·
Registered
425 Posts
And this is the brand new one?

Not surprised the two owners I've spoken to have been underwhelmed

Personally I'd reject the car and get a full refund, I for one won't be going for a new 2008

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this is the brand new one?

Not surprised the two owners I've spoken to have been underwhelmed

Personally I'd reject the car and get a full refund, I for one won't be going for a new 2008
Yep the brand new one. Ironically I went for brand new rather than ‘nearly new’ to avoid any issues arising and for hassle free motoring.

Now, the perceived assurance that buying new protects the buyer when the car they purchase turns out to be faulty, isn’t all that it seems!

The car I bought is clearly not right, my videos of the fault show that, and several staff at the dealership have tested and experienced the issue and are in agreement with me.

I rejected the vehicle under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 within 30 days, returned it to the dealer with V5 and keys plus email explaining why. Dealer accepted it and said they could understand why.

Peugeot Customer service however, have since rejected my request to reject the vehicle! I was even prepared to have an identical replacement vehicle - they rejected that too! They claim that I and my partner (60 years driving experience between us) are driving it incorrectly. Oh and the staff at the dealership who have experienced the fault are driving it incorrectly too!

Apparently someone from Peugeot Customer Service is going to call me - it’s been over a week, still no contact. Sigh.

Should have stuck with Mercedes ...

·
Registered
425 Posts
A brand new model and a brand new customer and your treated this way, shame on you PSA.:(

Make them aware that you are posting on the Peugeot forums about your experiences and warning other potential buyers away from the new 2008.

Reactions: WhipMama

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was told that they have a rev limiter at 2000 revs in reverse and that's why the engine dies and picks up again.It makes no sense but watching my revs that's exactly what it does.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know some cars will electronically limit the revs when reverse is selected to minimise the maximum possible speed and so reduce the chance of accident.
the same thing happens (with most newer cars) if you touch the brake pedal while accelerating the car will cut the revs
I know this can cause problems in the situation as above

·
Registered
294 Posts
I know some cars will electronically limit the revs when reverse is selected to minimise the maximum possible speed and so reduce the chance of accident.
the same thing happens (with most newer cars) if you touch the brake pedal while accelerating the car will cut the revs
I know this can cause problems in the situation as above
And the dealership didn't KNOW this??? Shocking. I hope you get it sorted out. Keep at Peugeot HO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the dealership didn't KNOW this??? Shocking. I hope you get it sorted out. Keep at Peugeot HO
It seems not! Over 3 weeks since I returned the car to the dealership and not a word from Peugeot Customer Services despite several assurances from the dealer that HO would be in touch.

Latest update from the dealer is that Peugeot have now agreed to ‘unwind’ the sale whatever that means and to bear with them for a week or so.

Getting a little fed up of bearing with them now tbh. Need to urgently buy a different ‘fit for purpose this time’ new car to get to work (and my volunteer role as a St John Ambulance vaccination volunteer) but reluctant to enter into a new agreement until the Peugeot debacle is resolved.

New car = hassle free motoring? Not this time I’m afraid :/

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know the full history of your Peugeot purchase decision,
but whatever car you decide on next make sure you get a proper test drive that will allow you to take it home and make sure it works correctly in your drive.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know the full history of your Peugeot purchase decision,
but whatever car you decide on next make sure you get a proper test drive that will allow you to take it home and make sure it works correctly in your drive.
I googled Unwind the Sale and the term does exist . There seems to be one or two things that complicate the issue,If the car was bought on finance then that is one ,That apparently is the responsibility each party has in the sale ,The guarage ,the finance house and the customer.The good news is that it looks like this is a process where the guarage and manufacture has excepted there is a fault and you will get your money back ,as it was within the 30 days ,it looks like they have to return all your money without deductions .I suppose this is made more complicated by all sorts of people taking a cut or a fee from a car sale .Just Google the term and have a look at a few of the headers.Good luck !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts