Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having a problem with the reversing sensors?
Sometimes when I engage reverse after the car has been out in the rain the car reversing display shows a red warning despite the fact that there is nothing to the rear of the car. Once I have completed the reversing movement the warning disappears. Only happens if he car has stood out in the rain.
Ken

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Maybe you have some water ingress in one of the sensors that is giving a false warning.

I would think your dealer will check it out and repace any faulty sensor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Allan.
I'll monitor the situation and if it continues will book it in at the dealers.
Ken

·
Registered
540 Posts
If the sensor has rain/ muck on it this happens - next time it occurs just give the sensor a gentle wipe and it'll solve it.

Happens with lots of cars.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yep, had this problem too. It was raining pretty hard at the time. Bit disconcerting as I couldn't see out of the rear window due to the rain yet the alarm was going off. No idea if I was abouit to hit something even though I was pretty sure nothing was there. Like Ken, the next time I engaged reverse, they were fine.

I have my 1000 mile check soon (might be like 2000 miles by the time it is checked in) and will ask about it. Plus, if the car has been stood overnight, the back brakes seem to stick a little.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Trev, my brakes stick every morning too!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interesting. Glad it's not just me. How do yours go? Mine just snatch as I pull away for a fraction of a second, make a clunk and then are fine.

I will defintely question this when the black one has it's first check.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had a problem with the front sensors going off in the torrential rain the other day.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Exactly the same Trev, the sort of noise/feeling you used to get with old drum brakes when you have left a car standing for a few days!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yep, that is exactly it. Defintely needs sorting anyway.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Had trouble with the rear sensors when the car was covered in frost the other morning. It became very cold after torrential rain. Also a very frightening noise from the mirrors folding out, on unlocking,when covered with ice. I think if its bad again Iwill defrost them before unlocking the car as I fear it could damage the mechanism.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, I thought that too this morning. The mirrors made a groan and a very unnerving 'crack' before unfolding.

Does anyone know of a way to override that? I mean is there a way to leave the mirrors unfolded? I know you can do it from the inside (fold and unfold) but can this be overriden when you lock the car or turned off completely when it is cold?

I bet they wouldn't be covered under the warranty if they broke in the frost.......

·
Registered
101 Posts
Only way is to fold them from the inside before you lock the car, then when you unlock they won't auto fold out until you use the manual switch. This does mean that you have to de-ice them or wait for the to defrost before unfolding them!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes I have now done that but you have to suspect when the frost will strike. The manual says that the dealer can de-activate this feature but it would have been nice to be able to control it yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts